mosin nagant scope mounts - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > mosin nagant scope mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
Hey gandog -- do you know if Bill is still the one machining these?
Have no idea what his first name is. But I do know he called me a couple weeks after I ordered one to see if everything was working out with it. How many other manufacturers out there do that?

Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 AM   #12

Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

First name? As in Parallax....?

Old 01-27-2014, 02:27 AM   #13

Likes Given: 2

hello. i hate to butt in. ive had my mosin for 2 years now and want to put a scope on it. i really dont want to do any drilling or anything that could hurt the value. ive hears about people using some sort of a mount that fits on the rear sight. any ideas on what to do?

Old 01-27-2014, 04:09 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm looking to put a scope on my M44 as well and I've seen some pics were it looks as though the rear sight assembly was sacrificed for a scope mount on top of the receiver instead of having it side-mounted. I'd have to go with a side mount because I want mine to be historically accurate and I absolutely refuse to sacrifice my iron sights for the sake of adding an optic.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #15

Liked 60 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Also in stratacaster thread

I bought a sight base and made a rail that fit down inside where the Iron sight fit. I then drilled the sight base and rail and pinned them together and slid it back on to the dovetail and pinned so it can't possibly move. Some of the bases are silver soldered on to the dovetail so after removing the pins you'll have to heat the base to melt the solder and then drift the base off the dovetail with a brass drift. Sometimes the pins holding the base on are also soldered and need to be heated to be removed. Mine holds zero very well as long as the scope holds up. There is no need to resolder if everything fits snugly.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.