Mosin-Nagant - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion >

Mosin-Nagant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I was accidently introduced to Mosin Nagants when I went to a little hole in the wall gun shop with no thought of buying, which is usually the case. The place is dirty, unorganized and tended by someone that knows little about what he is doing. They had four or five 91/30s on the wall, cracked stocks, no better than 65% metal finish all in pretty rough shape. They also had several not assembeled that looked about the same. I inquired about them. The attendant said "They are WWII Russian surplus". "They are $99 and come with This", as he pointed to a pile on the end of the counter. I inquired about ammo and he said he would sell me ammo for $4.74 a box. I Thought wow, a high powered piece of history, all the accessories and 80 rounds of ammo for less than $120. I left with a smile on my face and a lot of questions. Driving home takes me past the range I belong to so I had to test it out. Six rounds later I left with a very sore hand, a target with 2 holes in it, very disappointed. No wonder the Russians were loosing the war. I did a lot of research and cleaning, mostly bore and chamber but there was no cosmoline on it or any I looked at. At this point I figured I got a very interesting wall hanger. My next trip to the range was greatly improved. Since then I acquired 6 more and want more still.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Last edited by dteed4094; 01-19-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hello,

I like the Mosin so much that I now deal with them professionally.

I have my Gewehr 88, of course, and various .22 rifles, but there's just something about the Mosin that is very attractive to me. I have a feeling it's the "tinkerability"; same thing that attracts me to the 1911.

If interested, I have a collection of articles here: http://www.smith-sights.com/tips-and-how-tos.php

and a collection of videos (not all mine) here: http://www.smith-sights.com/tips-and-how-tos.php

I'm not asking you to buy anything; the vids and the articles are all free.

You may also find other videos on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SmithSights?feature=mhee

Again, this is not solicitation. All my research is free to those who are interested. If it helps you, I'll be happy!

Regards,

Josh
Is it better to live by a corrupt society's standards rather than face persecution for not doing the same? This is the dilemma we now face. We must hold fast to our convictions as we confront this dilemma. Knowing one's self goes a long way in the crisis. - Me