Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Mosin #4... *sigh*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Ahh I need a hex. That thing is beautiful man.
Ah, it doesn't stop at a hex. I found my "all original" 1925 Izzy

Dragoon(an actual "1891", 5 years before the advent of the

"91/30) has a re-arsenalled (91/30) stock and barrel-bands.

Lots of fun to shoot, but the adventure is just beginning...

Old 03-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Yeah nagant bug is terrible. My buddy owns 4 of them from consecutive years and still considers buying one everytime he sees them. They are so addictive.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #13

Surprising they still make those.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #14

Liked 47 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Jon , You should check out this sight, they have a large selectiom of Mosin Parts.
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=17

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #15

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

What's the thing about the mosin besides the history. I have never paid much agitation to them but I've seen so much said about then I might be interested in picking one up. About all I know about them is they are relatively cheap.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5098 Times on 2650 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
Jon , You should check out this sight, they have a large selectiom of Mosin Parts.
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=17
thanks but that wa my second stop after buymilsurp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
What's the thing about the mosin besides the history. I have never paid much agitation to them but I've seen so much said about then I might be interested in picking one up. About all I know about them is they are relatively cheap.
while they are cheap they work very well. they shoot just as good as any 500$ or less rifle you can buy today. that is with good quality ammo. the most common ammo is cheap but poor quality with widely varrying bullet weights and powder charges. while the cheap stuff is great for popping cans and range fun they really dont show they accuracy these cheap cost rifles are capable of.

for the price you cant beat em they just plain work and work damn well. if made today with modern materials they would likely be sub moa all day. but of course no one produces new ones today anywhere.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

thanks but that wa my second stop after buymilsurp

while they are cheap they work very well. they shoot just as good as any 500$ or less rifle you can buy today. that is with good quality ammo. the most common ammo is cheap but poor quality with widely varrying bullet weights and powder charges. while the cheap stuff is great for popping cans and range fun they really dont show they accuracy these cheap cost rifles are capable of.

for the price you cant beat em they just plain work and work damn well. if made today with modern materials they would likely be sub moa all day. but of course no one produces new ones today anywhere.
Well I thank every one would love a good shooting reliable gun and not pay much for it. If your like me which I'm sure 99.5 % of the people are or they wouldn't be on here you love guns just about all guns. So I thank one will fit right in with the rest of mine.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #18

Like I said all I know is they are cheap and now I won't one. So can anybody tell me what caliber and mag capacity they are.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5098 Times on 2650 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Well I thank every one would love a good shooting reliable gun and not pay much for it. If your like me which I'm sure 99.5 % of the people are or they wouldn't be on here you love guns just about all guns. So I thank one will fit right in with the rest of mine.
i was a fence sitter for a while. finally got one, now ive got four of the damn things!! a pu sniper a m44 carbine and two 91/30's. its really the best deal going in firearms. they are cheap in price but are actually decent quality.

the 7.62x54r is no slouch ballistically either. its got the same power range as a 30-06 but it only really shines if your a reloader and load for it. most factory stuff is pretty anemic

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

i was a fence sitter for a while. finally got one, now ive got four of the damn things!! a pu sniper a m44 carbine and two 91/30's. its really the best deal going in firearms. they are cheap in price but are actually decent quality.

the 7.62x54r is no slouch ballistically either. its got the same power range as a 30-06 but it only really shines if your a reloader and load for it. most factory stuff is pretty anemic
What is the mag capacity