Modern Made Mosin Nagant Bent Bolt
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Modern Made Mosin Nagant Bent Bolt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 70

With my Company I have been working on a U.S. Made Modern Mosin Nagant Bolt with a bent handle for quite some time and I am wondering if anyone would Purchase it if I were to Invest in the Tooling to manufacture it.
The bolt assembly is made of 4140 Steel and features a bent handle. One of the biggest upsides of this bolt would be that it is made of a solid piece of steel, unlike the other bent bolts on the market.

Join The NRA And Protect Our Rights

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCody View Post
With my Company I have been working on a U.S. Made Modern Mosin Nagant Bolt with a bent handle for quite some time and I am wondering if anyone would Purchase it if I were to Invest in the Tooling to manufacture it.
The bolt assembly is made of 4140 Steel and features a bent handle. One of the biggest upsides of this bolt would be that it is made of a solid piece of steel, unlike the other bent bolts on the market.
welcome to the forum and stop over in the Introductions Section and say hello to everyone and share a little about yourself.

do you have any pictures of your product? sounds like an interesting project and might be a nice item to sell.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #3

No I don't have any pictures yet, I'm working with a manufacturer and I hope to have some prototypes for anyone who wants to test them.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCody View Post
No I don't have any pictures yet, I'm working with a manufacturer and I hope to have some prototypes for anyone who wants to test them.
i think it's a rather interesting idea and has some merit as many people that buy Mosins, like to mount scopes on them and a bent bolt is pretty much needed if mounting the scope in the traditional place on the reciever.

another one i have seen is the one where you cut off the bolt handle and drill and tap it for an new bolt hand that attaches with screws. very cheesy looking.

wish you luck and show us some of the prototypes if possible to gain a better idea as to how you are doing it differently. very interested.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #5

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCody
Around what price range
I'll test one for you
I would also recommend researching that in case you were accidentally making a duplicate

But for the right price under maybe $80 I would definitely purchase one

Old 09-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #6

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

Have you considered contacting a blacksmith having him modify the current bolts into bent bolts Especially for those with matching serial numbers

just a thought

Old 09-01-2013, 01:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by akms47nagont View Post
Have you considered contacting a blacksmith having him modify the current bolts into bent bolts Especially for those with matching serial numbers

just a thought
good thought, but if the gun is a serial number matching rifle, it might be better to modify another bolt as when the original bolt is bent, the value just went down, regardless of it being a number matching unit.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:53 AM   #8

That brought me to another problem. The price... I don't plan on making much money on this as it is just a hobby. My idea was that people would only need one and could use it with each of their mosin rifles. I also feel it would outlast the original mosin bolts making it worth the money.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #9

And good point if a mosin nagant bolt is modified the value is gone. With this bolt you wouldn't need to worry about ruining the value of the firearm

People Like This 
Old 09-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8832 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Jay- please understand I am NOT talking down to you- but the mention of swapping bolts from one rifle to another- do you understand about headspacing on a rifle bolt?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This