Mil-Surp Rifle, Enfield, Mauser, SKS, other? - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Mil-Surp Rifle, Enfield, Mauser, SKS, other?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,685
Liked 749 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 825

Default

So if your grandpa was shot by a German would you hate the K98?

Thats like me saying I woulnt want a AK... My grandpa was shot by one of those in Korea...

I dont mean to offend, I just wondering... (and yes I would still get a AK, Its just a gun and the war is long over)

__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.

Last edited by Trez; 08-26-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #122
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
davemccarthy707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 758
Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Default

By all means do yourself a favour and get your hands on a Finnish M-39. Hands down the most accurate rifle of ww2. I have a SAKO version that will shoot moa all day (If I do my part). Actually any of the Finnish rebarreled Mosins are true shooters. an M91 or a M28 will do probably just as well.

__________________

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

davemccarthy707 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #123
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sputnik1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Bluegrass state
Posts: 2,873
Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
So if your grandpa was shot by a German would you hate the K98?

Thats like me saying I woulnt want a AK... My grandpa was shot by one of those in Korea...

I dont mean to offend, I just wondering... (and yes I would still get a AK, Its just a gun and the war is long over)
It's not so much the rifle, its who used it, or rather how it was used. AK's are made all over the world made by countless nations, arisakas were all made by Japan, and used by imperial Japan. Are all Japanese bad? Absolutely not. Regardless, this doesn't change the way I feel, however irrational you may believe it is.

As to the kar98 question, had the Germans cut our boys into pieces and used their body's for bayonet practice on a regular basis, then yeah, I'd probably hate the 98 too.

It's no secret that the Japanese did this and to use a bayonet, It is attached to the rifle. So, do you see where I'm going with this?

Again, no offense to anyone
__________________
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid. - John Wayne

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by sputnik1988; 08-26-2011 at 06:41 PM.
sputnik1988 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #124
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
303tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 3,766
Liked 1265 Times on 860 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
It's not so much the rifle, its who used it, or rather how it was used. AK's are made all over the world made by countless nations, arisakas were all made by Japan, and used by imperial Japan. Are all Japanese bad? Absolutely not. Regardless, this doesn't change the way I feel, however irrational you may believe it is.

As to the kar98 question, had the Germans cut our boys into pieces and used their body's for bayonet practice on a regular basis, then yeah, I'd probably hate the 98 too.

It's no secret that the Japanese did this and to use a bayonet, It is attached to the rifle. So, do you see where I'm going with this?

Again, no offense to anyone
Kind of like me & Mitsubishi, would not have one, not no but (Hell No)!!!!!!!!!
__________________

When all else fails.

303tom is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:08 AM   #125
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Memphis.,TN
Posts: 240
Default

What did the OP decide to buy?

If a higher-priced rifle were a possibility, an FN 49 would reportedly be a quality product.
They were built in 7mm Mauser, 8mm M., 30-06 and a (Venez.) minority in 7.62 NATO.

A seller at the Southaven MS gun show over a week ago had at least five of them.

__________________

Last edited by Laufer; 11-16-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Laufer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #126
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
xring3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: from Kansas City now in Woodward,oklahoma
Posts: 185
Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

This thread has some age on it but here goes.......My choice would be a K31 Swiss schmidt-rubin, most are in excellent condition as they were not subjected to war use, great finish on all parts and very accurate. This is just MHO.

__________________

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

xring3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #127
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: lock haven,penna.
Posts: 124
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

sputnik1988,

re. your dislike of the jap rifles, peruse p.o. ackley's blow-up tests...it was the only ww2 rifle action he wasn;t able to destroy despite his substantial efforts. hardly junk imo.

budman

__________________

budman

ignorance is fixable, stupidity is forever...

budman46 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #128
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pagj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prescott Valley,Arizona
Posts: 2,427
Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez
and the war is long over)
Technically this is not so.
__________________

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

pagj17 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #129
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,685
Liked 749 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 825

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Technically this is not so.
Im pretty sure WWII is over.... ?????
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #130
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pagj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prescott Valley,Arizona
Posts: 2,427
Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

Im pretty sure WWII is over.... ?????
You said he was shot in Korea, which is not legally over as far as the school system taught me
__________________

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

pagj17 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Lee-enfield original rifle for $200? HawkI Curio & Relic Discussion 26 09-29-2010 08:23 PM
Swedish Mauser (sniper?) Rifle sc0li0sis General Rifle Discussion 5 06-06-2010 10:29 PM
Enfield No4 MK I - Help TXnorton Curio & Relic Discussion 19 11-18-2009 11:32 PM
.308 Enfield 2A1 QuickSilver General Rifle Discussion 2 08-04-2007 02:40 AM