Mauser Karabiner 98 (K98) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Mauser Karabiner 98 (K98)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
$300 is a good price, for that money its probably a Russian re-work. Check the markings on it, if all the Nazi marks are "pinged out" its probably a Russian re-work. The Russian guns often are missing the front sight hood and cleaning rod as well. Either way, if its in good shape I'd grab it for that price.
what do you mean by pinged out? where would the markings be? if it is an original what should it cost or what would it be worth? its in pretty good shape great shape i guess considering its age.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:38 AM   #12

Likes Given: 2

"Pinged out" is when the nazi/german Waffen proof marks have been defaced with a "ping" which is a little dot tapped in to cover the swastika of waffen proof stamp. Most Russian reworks and some german imports were pinged. If it has all original markings that are intact and the gun is nice I would get it, even if it is pinged out $300 is still a good price, Russian reworks usually start at $350 in decent shape. $300 for any decent 98K is a good price. If you get it post pics on here and I can tell you more about it.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #13

i'd really like to get it. especially because i am half german half american. army brat. dad got out the army and met my mom and stayed in germany. we moved here in 96 when i was 12. been here a long time and i'm all americanized i guess but i still miss germany and am proud of both of my heritages. if thats a word. plus it be nice to have some classics to add to my tiny but growing collection of firearms. funds are kinda low. if its still there in a couple of months ill pick it up in my neck of the woods i dont think theres much demand for a rifle like that. i hope not anyways

Old 08-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #14

Likes Given: 2

You'd be surprised, where do you live???

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 08-22-2009, 12:56 AM   #15

waycross ga, about an hour from the florida border

Old 08-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #16

A friend of mine is from Essen and has been here twenty years.
Due to prices for an original unaltered German Mauser, instead of wanting one, he has an AR-15 plus some conventional hunting rifles.

His father served in the Wehrmacht in Finland. As for not wanting a Mauser, ironisch oder?

Old 09-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #17

Default hi wildbillfromca

I`m from Austria and a friend of mine introduced me to a friend of him - a retired army sergant - who has an amazing collection of K98`s. Almost every production line including the amazing quality ones from the beginning of the war to the poor ones in the ending where good material was rare. He also owns original k98 snipers which are worth a couple of thousand euros in collector circles. I`m not very interested in those rifles who are very common here in Austria but this was an impressive collection and presentation of history.
regs JS

Old 10-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #18

I met a different German guy ("Mario") who left the DDR a year before the wall came down.

Anyway, when his father came over for a visit, he liked Mario's original K-98 so much that "he wanted to sleep with it". Schlaf ruhig...

Old 10-08-2009, 01:51 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have a Mauser I don't know much about. It is a Fabrica de armas cviero 1920,I assume it is a Spanish Mauser,are they made in spain or in Germany? It is 7mm mauser,it has been sporterized and when I got it, it was spray painted black on the metal,I have cleaned it up and looks decent for a 90 year old rifle.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #20

Put a AIM scope mount and Long Eye Relief Scope on my 98k.

That and a slip on limb saver recoil pad and I don't want to change the stock anymore.
Nice and accurate.

Tags
mauser karabiner 98 k98