Mag Catch?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Mag Catch?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mag Catch?

I got a Taurus PT1911. It's a nice piece, but the mag fall out while firing.
How do you get the mag catch out to replace it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Mag Catch

SAS/ALL

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

I'm not up on that certain 45, but if it's Like the colt 1911a1 or 1911, what you need to do to Remove it, Or make sure yours is in right, Look at mag catch, one side has a sloted pin? That needs a small screw driver to Fit that slot, then turn it, till It unlocks from the mag catch, be careful as that's under spring tension, once it's loose, it will pop up and away and can lift out the pin that had the slot in it as well as the spring! If it were me, I'd try to Pull yours out, and then re-seat it reverse order to what I told you and see if maybe it was not locked in tight, or look for defects that are not letting it work right, like not round or not fitting in deep enough and so forth! It's woth the few minutes to do all that, if not right, send it back, a new gun shound not have thore issues! I've seen 1911 45's from the 20's that don't!