M59/66A1 ques... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > M59/66A1 ques...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I spent half a day yesterday cleaning the cosmoline off and reassembling it.
I just used some stuff from H.D. called TSP Substitute. Soaked the smaller parts and trigger assembly in it for about 15 min. Scrubbed with various brushes, sprayed everything down with brake cleaner and lightly oiled. Larger parts that were inside the stocks had less cosmoline, so I just dipped a brush in the TSP Sub. and scrubbed. She's all back together now but where the hell can you shoot a 7.62x39mm rifle!? I'm not really sure how much room I need. What's the range on these rifles?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8836 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Similar range to a 30-30 deer rifle. Most indoor PISTOL ranges will not allow (backstop is not intended to stop rifle ammo) It IS a carbine, EFFECTIVE range about 150 meters. Fired at a 47 degree angle, bullet COULD travel several miles, but no one does that unless defending against hostile aircraft. Any rifle range that permits centerfire rifles should welcome it. Saw a half dozen on my range last weekend. You have just discovered the OTHER half of the hunt- having gotten the rifle, now get a place to shoot! Check w/ local gunshops, the NRA (um- you ARE a member, right?) and your state Rifle Assoc.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #13

Keep in mind, you can have an unissued rifle, but the numbers may have been altered at the factory to have everything match...

Some good information here to keep in mind...

http://yugosks.net/recogsks2-1.htm

Old 07-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern6er View Post
Keep in mind, you can have an unissued rifle, but the numbers may have been altered at the factory to have everything match...

Some good information here to keep in mind...

http://yugosks.net/recogsks2-1.htm
Excellent write up! Thanks!