M1a??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > M1a??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Default M1a??

Ok im sure by now everyone knows i want a M1... i found a Springfield M1A scout in .308 the shops asking $1,400. good or bad deal? what do M1As go for about?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5676 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

1499$ is what they are selling for brand new at impact guns...

if its NIB its prolly a fair price. used however its a little high. bore condition is everything in a used gun. ive never seen or heard of a used gun that has ever had more than a box of ammo down the pipe... a .30 cal muzzle gage is your best friend in evaluating barrel condition in .30cal rifles.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:35 PM   #3

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Do you want a Scout, with it's shorter 18-inch barrel.....or do you want the Standard M1A, with a 22-inch barrel? That looks like a Standard in the photo, but I can't be sure. The price on the Scout is usually a little bit lower than the Standard.