M1895
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > M1895

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default M1895

Thinking about getting a Nagant M1895. Looks cool to plink with. Anyone have one, and if so, what do you think about it?

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #2

I'ver heard they are nice and they are the only revolver I know of that can be silenced.

Although I think the ammo is hard to come by.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
Although I think the ammo is hard to come by.
J&G Sales has it online. $23/50rds

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Weird and wonderful. The cylinder moves forward when cocked, sealing the end against the barrel, supposedly to prevent the escape of gasses and make the round more potent. As Jiro stated, this enabled it to be silenced, as there is no gap.

The ammo is recessed below the neck of the brass, I guess also for sealing purposes. For when this thing was invented, it was over-engineered.

As Scott said, ammo can be found online, but hang up finding it at your smaller shops or Wally World.

Actually, quite a fun plinker, and a solid gun. A little stiff, remarkable for the age of the gun.

Don't pay more than $70.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #5

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

I have a 1937 Tula, and it's a great plinker. It isn't super accurate, but no problem punching out a paper plate at 25 yards. The trigger pull is extremely heavy though, probably because of the gas seal system I would guess. The ammo is available, but it is not cheap. You can get a conversion cylinder to shoot cheaper and more plentiful .32 ACP, but then the gas seal does not work, and you use some velocity.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #6

Default russian

this is a gun for a reloader.32/20 empties will work.and you have to find a charge that is safe.bullseye or 700X will work.and use lead bullets.
They sell for $79.I am not sure the replacement cylinder will drop in.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I really like mine...fun pistol to shoot for sure and the price is right

Old 05-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have one, and my shooting buddy has four. He does my reloading, as I haven't been able to get the dies yet. Once I do, I will be using his load data.
Accuracy is okay, power is light - great plinker with soda cans or steel spinner targets.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #9

I shoot .32 S&W long in mine with excellent results.
Century carries the Hotshot 7.62 Nagant for $22 per box of 50.
I picked up some on sale for $18 a couple of months ago.

You can also shoot .32 H&R mag but the cases tend to swell and stick.

The .32 acp cylinder is a waste of money unless you have the time and knowledge to fit it to your gun.
They DO NOT drop in.

KGB
01FFL - $20 Transfers In Indianapolis Area.