Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > M1 Garand Springfield Armory Rifle $1059 ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M1 Garand Springfield Armory Rifle $1059 ??

Saw an ad on American Rifleman/Outdoor Channel a month ago. This company?? was selling refurbished M1 Garands. I lost the company's name but think I've found it: Atlantic Firearms. they are completely rebuilt, stripped down, all parts are repaired or replaced, tested, new barrels, new stocks, etc. $1059. I have been wanting to "step out of the box" and buy something I can be really proud of owning (not like I don't like what I have), but something that is historical. Is this an OK price for one that is not original but rebuilt. Is there any information ABOUT THIS GUN that I should be thinking twice about? Any help once again appreciated. Thank you. PS I've read so much about this WWII rifle, Patton's words,etc. Also, is Atlantic Firearms very well known/legitimate/etc.

M1 Garand Springfield Armory Rifle for Sale Atlantic Firearms.com

Protect your home and family, it only takes an ounce or two (or 230 GR)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-10-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8633 Times on 3742 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

Well, some likes chocolate, some likes strawberry- but have you looked at the M1 Garands from the Dept of Civilian Marksmanship? Go to ODCMP.com. Only way I know of for a NON-FFL holder to legally get a rifle mailed to your door.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-10-2010, 02:28 AM   #3

Liked 307 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 253

Agreed. If you want something "historical" get thee into a service grade Garand. It will be the genuine article, and for LESS money.

M1 Garand Sales

Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Buy a service grade M1 Garand from CMP. Buy the real deal, not a factory remanufactured rifle.

Here's a link: M1 Garand Sales

Here's a pic of mine. It came from CMP it was a "Service Grade" rifle. It's a Springfield manufactured in 1943. It was arsenal rebarreled at some point with a Buffalo barrel and it has a Winchester trigger group. It's reliable and consistently accurate and it shoots better than I can. It's built like a tank and has real history.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-10-2010, 02:55 AM   #5

If you're not interested in 'correctness', i.e. that each replacement part was an official armory repair or replacement, CMP offers 'Special Grade', which has new wood and a new barrel. The stamp is the CMP stamp on the wood. All of the action is original stuff and is inspected, repaired, replaced as necessary, and reparkerized. I'll let you know in about a month what they're like. I'll leave it to the historians to advertise the other grades.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

CMP Service Grade will get you a clean, shootable M1. You can step up in grade and price and get prettier and more "correct" grade rifles.

If you want it just for a shooter, Service Grade is all you need. If you want a bit more of the purist angle, step up a bit. Either way, you will get an excellent rifle and a piece of history.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-10-2010, 04:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Buy a service grade M1 Garand from CMP. Buy the real deal, not a factory remanufactured rifle.

Here's a link: M1 Garand Sales
Is there an echo in here?

Old 02-10-2010, 04:50 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Hey, I'm old.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:53 AM   #9

LOL! I just thought it was funny! Posted one minute apart, and almost word for word.....

Guess it's true. Great minds DO think alike!

Old 02-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I also purchased my Garand (service grade) from CMP. It is a little bit of a hassle to get all of the requirements met to have one delivered directly to you but it's well worth it in the end. I was very pleased with the condition of my rifle when it arrived and all of the accessories that came with it.

You cannot beat the price either. Many of the ones you see at the gunshows that are soo overpriced have come from CMP originally (which is frowned upon by the CMP).

One last point: It's pretty hard to find a M1 that has all of it's parts "matching" so to speak since most of them went through the arsenal's at least once during their active service lives. Having one that's got all of the same manufactures parts, i.e.: Sprinfield, H&R etc.. is what your really hoping to get.

Tags
want this badly