M1 Garand: Making one cheaper? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > M1 Garand: Making one cheaper?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 03:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Settle down, settle down, it's a fine choice, just didn't know the OP's experience.
Lol. Yeah. That's pretty much the same reasons I had to give. Plus I've always been interested in WWII and this is a way I can connect with history. It doesn't really seem real. It doesn't seem like that really happened because the only experience I've had with it first hand is from old war films.

Plus, it's just a really awesome freakin' gun. Lol.

But I think I'm going to have to hold off on it for a while. I might get a Mosin Nagant in the mean time though.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #12

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

they are going for 429.00 @ S.O.G. ....if you can catch them when theyre in stock...good luck

Old 07-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSe63xy View Post
Lol. Yeah. That's pretty much the same reasons I had to give. Plus I've always been interested in WWII and this is a way I can connect with history. It doesn't really seem real. It doesn't seem like that really happened because the only experience I've had with it first hand is from old war films.

But I think I'm going to have to hold off on it for a while. I might get a Mosin Nagant in the mean time though.
I was gonna suggest the Mosin, you can get one plus ammo for the price of an authentic M1 bayonet.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSe63xy View Post

If I were you I'd save my sheckles , not buy the Mosin Nagant, and get a Garand from the CMP or other reasonably priced outlet...
Building a rifle from parts can be fun but, remember there are specialized tools that you would need, ie. barrel wrench, head space gauges etc. and then where do you go if your barrel/bolt combination don't headspace properly...
If a project is what your looking for you would be better off looking at building an AR15 to your liking.
You could buy whatever complete upper you want from whatever manufacture you'd like and put together a lower to your liking.
You probably won't save any money either way but, if your looking for the satisfaction of putting one together they are pretty simple little buggers.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

For those interested in how to build a Garand, whether or not one actually builds an M1, may I modestly suggest acquiring a copy of The M1 Garand Complete Assembly Guide?

Regards,

Walt

Old 07-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #16

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjkuleck View Post
For those interested in how to build a Garand, whether or not one actually builds an M1, may I modestly suggest acquiring a copy of The M1 Garand Complete Assembly Guide?

Regards,

Walt
Holy smokes! Welcome aboard, Walt.

For those who are not familiar, Walt is a legend in the M14/M1Garand world (among others).

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."