Luger? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Luger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 04:48 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The value of decent+ Lugers is and has been on the rise. Vet bring-back or pre-1968 import with no import markings are becoming more and more expensive. Personally, Id grab that Luger.
One question- was Germany still making "civilian" Parabellums in 1916? What makes you think it's a civvie version? Just curious. Even a "shooter" Luger is of worth, some of us still enjoy shooting them!

Old 01-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #22

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 920

The guy told me it was a civilian one... I asked on a Luger forum and it turns out it does have the military proofs, but the mismatched rear toggle really lowers the value and the mag was "forced" matched.. I was told its worth $800 max.. I donno, the Luger just doesnt really excite me... I really want that M1 or Krag...

Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #23

Liked 192 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 315

US milsurps like the m1 and krag will be around for awhile..Lugers...not so much. I went into the local shop the other day and there were 7 M1's, 2 or 3 Krags, and not a single luger.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #24

I never see them like that.... Ive only ever seen one nice Krag, the rest are "ruined" and have been cut down and holes drilled to mount a scope.. I thought it woulda been easy to trade the '95 for a M1, but everybody loves their Garands... All the people thats tried to trade me, they all have M1's, but not one has been willing to trade it... M1's locally go for $900 +, the one "nice" Krag ive seen the shop wants $1000..
I woulda traded if it was matching or a artillery model..
If I had the money I would just buy a M1...

Old 02-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #25

So I take it theres no Luger owners out there? I would really like to know how they shoot.. Everything I read says there one of the most accurate and nicest shooting pistols ever.. They seem to be pretty popular too, I cant find even mismatched ones for any less than $750.
Ive been thinking of this Luger again.. The Winchester has just been siting in the corner for the last month and this is the "best" thing to come along so far...
I only have 2 pistols anyways and I dont have a military one.. but I do have a bunch of rifles... Is there anything I should look for or ask when looking at this pistol? Im thinking I may go ahead and do the trade as long as theres no Import marks and it in the condition he says... I wish I knew more, Lugers seem to be one of those guns that have tons of slight differences, that make big changes in its value...

Old 02-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #26

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

TREZ you are looking at a parts gun. A 1914 DWM would not have stock lugs. The 1916 DWM would have lugs. The origin of the lugs was to hold the gun in a jig while they were being built. They were later used for stocks. The "Lang" Luger or Artillary Crew Lugers with the Long barrels are often found with stocks. I don't think stocks are legal on the 4" Pistols. The Luger like all old Pistols can be fun to shoot. They were set up for a point blank range of 75 yards. You will find they shoot 12" to 14" at 25 yds. The sights are very simple and I have to add taller front sights to zero them for 25 yd. shooting. The magazines are a problem. Orginal mags are often worn out and very expensive costing several hundred dollars for good ones. The after market magazines seldom work right. They cause the guns to jam. On these old Lugers check the chambers and barrels very close. They are often damaged in the chambers and bores are worn causing malfunctions and key holes. I like shooting good Lugers but they are not modern combat pistols by any means. A parts gun like you describe can go for as much as $1,000. If the bore is bad and the frame is pitted $750. PM me if you have more questions. DK

Old 02-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #27

Does anybody know where would import marks be located at? Just so I know where to look for em.. If I were to find the "matching" rear toggle would it raise the price any?
I got 2 more pics...

Old 02-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #28

Old 02-10-2012, 06:19 AM   #29

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

You can not find the orginal toggle. Every part had the last two digits of the Ser# stamped on them. The last complete toggle I bought was $200. The inport marks are often on the side plate or on the front of the frame under the barrel. GI bring backs would not have an import number. Many of the recent guns that have import numbers are refered to as VOLPOS. These are capture guns from Russia. They will often have crude numbers and the German cross will be stamped over. A parts gun only has a shooter value.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #30

couple more pics...

luger4.jpg   luger3.jpg