Looking for M1's?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Looking for M1's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for M1's?

I'd been on the search for an M1 for my son for some time - I finally found one via private party and it is a beaut. But that's not the purpose of this.

Right after my son went back to school, I found out that the Civilian Marksmanship Program once again has M1's available. Rack Grade for 495 and Service grade for 595. I got a 6 digit SA with MW of 1 and TE of 2.25 and several cartouches on the stock.

It's a mixmatch of SA, Winchester, and H&R parts, but I LOVE it!

So if you're looking for an M1 Garand, CMP has them, but you have to be a member!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2007, 07:33 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have one from a private party. Minty and love it also!

Old 12-31-2007, 04:06 AM   #3

did you get one from cmp? if so how is it? Thanks

Old 01-01-2008, 03:27 AM   #4

southern ohio guns has them to, but you will need a c&r license to buy 1 or an ffl.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #5

I got one Private Party for my son - a 1944 SA that would probably rate Service Grade from CMP. VERY nice stock. Clean metal - great barrel.

I got mine from CMP directly (I live close enough to CMP South). 1942 6 digit SA Service Grade.

My 1942 needs some more work on the wood, but I just haven't gotten to it yet.

The 1944 shoots VERY well. I haven't shot the 1942 yet.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #6

i ordered an m1 from cmp last jan. about march they were all sold out for the field grade that i ordered. so thinking i wasnt going to get 1 from cmp i bought a fg 1 from a local guy on gunbrokers. my 6 digit m1 came in from gunbrokers. then the next week i got the shipping email from cmp. well in 1 weeks time i went from having no m1's to having 2. it was also a 6 digit from cmp. the gun that i bought from the private party was also a cmp rifle that he desided to sell off. i ended up giving the cmp rifle to my 13 year old son as a gift.