Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Looking for info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 03:46 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 200 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 12

P in a circle with crown---Eibar semi-auto pistol proof
X in shield with helmeted head on top--Eibar proof house
"admission" stamp
E with a star above. Eibar code for 1931 manufacture

Old 03-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #12

I too, have a pistol that looks just like yours but in the hand grips it has "SUPERIOR" and on the barrel it has "THE VERITABLE MOSSER AUTOMATIC PISTOL SUPERIOR 6.35". There are no other marks like you have on yours except for an "F" and an "S" by the saftey which I think stands for fire and safe. Mine appears to be newer and has a black leather case that would go on a belt. The blueing on this one is good. I found it going through my mother in laws things we put in storage, she is in assisted living now. We also found a model 90 pump 22 long rifle that has the octagon barrel. I would like information about this pistol too if anyone knows. Can you purchase ammo for this pistol? TIA

Old 04-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #13

Default spanish guns

that was one of thousands of low cost pistols made between 1900 & 1940.
they sold in US for around $10 maybe less.they work but wont stand constant shooting,they were made to protect.many never got fired but wore away fron neglect.I have had many of them before WW2.they are not trash but they are not gold either.at this date they are worth what some one wants to pay,not over a $100.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #14

Default Union I's younger brother

I am on the same mission to discover the real origin behind the UNION automatic pistol as well. I have in my possesion a UNION II automatic pistol. In doing my research I found that it is not a spanish 'ruby', but in fact it is french. I have not found out what my markings mean... but I found a stamp/markings diagram for older guns and the pistol might have been used in WWII by someone in the German Army... Not sure though... My stamps are a prancing lion, a capital "A" with a dot on the top, and a shield with an older knight helmet on top with an "X" in the middle of the shield. I also have a name that is scratched into the pistol case. "Winston Thompson". Not sure who that is but I am willing to give this search a go.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:53 PM   #15

Default I have a slight variation of the same gun

My father brought mine back from WW2. It has the exact same marking on it, except it says Automatic Pistol Cal 6.35 and under that it says Regent. On the other side above the serial number is an oval with the letters FG.

This pistol has a history though. It was used by a german civilian about 2 days after the war had ended to kill by fathers tank commander. When he tried to fire it at my father if had jamed after the first shot. My father shot the shooter and took and kept the weapon. Interestingly enough every time we had tried to fire it over the years, it fires the first time but jams. It has never fired a second shot. The serial is 47142.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

couple of more to add:

the .32 has {X} with crown P.V. and lion on hind legs ser# 68014 and 1928 on frame with letters ERM C or O after that.

the .25 has 6.35 3 didget ser# Spain and MODEL AUTOMATIC PISTOL as the only stamp marks on it.

Both need firing pins & springs and the .32 needs some grips, anyone point to a good source?