License for Curios or Relics?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > License for Curios or Relics?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default License for Curios or Relics?

So, I am wondering if you need a license for these? I have read such contrary stuff on line.

It seems like you wouldn't need one for this older guns, but who knows?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-14-2007, 02:21 AM   #2

To the best of my knowledge in Ohio at least you dont need a license to own what would be classified as a C&R gun(except full auto of course).

If you are interested in getting you C&R license to collect. It is only $30 and you will be eligible for C&R discounts when you buy anything classified as C&R buy the ATF.

Try this site

www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm

Old 04-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #3

Default Thanks, ScotZ!

That was very helpful.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:22 AM   #4

Default C & R License

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotZ View Post
To the best of my knowledge in Ohio at least you dont need a license to own what would be classified as a C&R gun(except full auto of course).

If you are interested in getting you C&R license to collect. It is only $30 and you will be eligible for C&R discounts when you buy anything classified as C&R buy the ATF.

Try this site

www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm
=====================
An 03 license Permits you to trade with C & R collectors, sending and receiving C & R shipments by UPS from licensed traders AND dealers Like SOG, AIM, Century, Aztec, J &G for prices substantially LOWER than what you see at shows.

I suggest you join the Curio & Relics e-list and correspond with almost a thousant of us, most of whom know FAR more than I have learned

heres a primer on C & R

http://www.cruffler.com/
and
http://lists.crufflecarp.com/mailman/listinfo/c-r-ffl
yodar

Old 08-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #5

Like posted, it is not REQUIRED to own one, but it sure makes acquiring them easier! Instead of having to have a gun sent to a FFL dealer, you can have C&R eligible guns sent directly to you if you have that C&R license.

Savings on parts and guns and FFL transfer fees more than pay for it after just one use, and it is good for 3 years!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:58 PM   #6

Is it very hard to get a C&R license? Is there alot of paper work to keep up with? When it is time to renew it, do you just sent your money and get a new one or do you have to be approved again?

Old 10-16-2007, 05:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
Is it very hard to get a C&R license? Is there alot of paper work to keep up with? When it is time to renew it, do you just sent your money and get a new one or do you have to be approved again?
3 year license.

Paperwork is easy to fill out, and send $30.00 with it (I did a CC instead of check to clear faster). Need to maintain inventory of your guns for when you buy/sell in case you get 'audited'.

When you get it, make a BUNCH of copies, but do NOT sign any of them until you either send the copy off or present it to a dealer. My original C&R is maintained with my other paperwork I keep for my guns.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:48 AM   #8

ive had my C&R for about a year now and its the best 30 bucks ive ever spent. it pays for its self the 1st time you buy a gun.

Old 12-29-2007, 03:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengomerpyle View Post
ive had my C&R for about a year now and its the best 30 bucks ive ever spent. it pays for its self the 1st time you buy a gun.
I agree. just received a Persian Mauser yesterday, no transfer fees, UPS delivered right to my door.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #10

Default Hello nice site

cool site