Lets see those Mil-surps..... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion >

Lets see those Mil-surps.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 04:42 AM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6792 Times on 3610 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
You're killin' me here Jon.
Cept for the mosins its all stuff i got at gunshows on the cheap.

The garand and the carbine are the only ones that have bore erosion between 3 and 4. No clue about the mosins dont have a .311 gage. The ithaca is nearly a smoothbore almost no rifling left but its more accurate than a nighthawk custom.

It could use a trigger job and some smoothing on the magwell since the mags are far from drop free. But that would ruin it in my opinion. If i had another original ww2 ithaca i wouldnt hesitate to rebarrel and smooth the well out and make it a carry piece. If there was a smith i could trust not to fk it up i would have a barrel fitted. I dont think im gonna run anymore through it due to the barrel condition till i do that

Havent really road tested the garand yet. I just take it out now and then fondle it and put it away. Havent worked up the nerve to shoot it.

I haveto say overall the 03a3 is the overall best till i test drive the garand. Then ill re-evaluate.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 05-25-2011, 05:05 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

You've got some sweet milsurps there for sure.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #33

Liked 927 Times on 590 Posts
Likes Given: 1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
You've got some sweet milsurps there for sure.
For sure!!!

Why havent you shot the M1?? Ive only shot 3 clips from a broken one and I still think its one of the greatest rifles ever!

I prefer the M17 to the 1903 (I dont know what variant I shot, It was made in 1933) My favorite WWII bolt action so far is the Arisaka.. I see why so many were rechambered and sporterized after the war. The action and trigger are silky smooth.....

Old 05-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #34
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
For sure!!!

Why havent you shot the M1?? Ive only shot 3 clips from a broken one and I still think its one of the greatest rifles ever!

I prefer the M17 to the 1903 (I dont know what variant I shot, It was made in 1933) My favorite WWII bolt action so far is the Arisaka.. I see why so many were rechambered and sporterized after the war. The action and trigger are silky smooth.....
Taken a long time to clean it properly barrel was extremely copper fouled and the weather hasnt been cooperating mainly.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-26-2011, 01:28 AM   #35

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A couple of vet bringbacks, one from each of the World Wars

Gewehr 98 (made by one of the less-common makers)

Lets see those Mil-surps..... - Curio & Relic Discussion

Kar 98k Zf-41 sharpshooter's rifle (an early example with the flat-sided scope rail)

A couple of others

Japanese Type 99 with all the goodies (all-matching, even the dust cover)

Soviet SVT-40

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.—General M. I. Dragomirov

Old 05-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #36

Liked 927 Times on 590 Posts
Likes Given: 1042

Nice Arisaka!! Does it still have the "Mum"?

Old 05-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Very nice Dad. Were they brought back by family members?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png

thats a very nice k98k sniper rifle!! your going to donate it to my collection right??

Old 05-27-2011, 01:54 AM   #39

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The Arisaka mum is ground, but not too unsightly.

Neither of the Mausers are family pieces. Just items that turned up locally, several years apart. The Gewehr 98 has a long-ago repaired duffle cut under the lower band. The Zf-41 came with the scope can, a bayonet, and a partial box of German milsurp ammo. I was lucky to come across it.

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.—General M. I. Dragomirov

Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Cool beans.