Just Got My 13th Mosin Nagant - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Just Got My 13th Mosin Nagant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2514 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
Nope, it wasn't the autobid function. (That I know of, since 2 minutes after my bid would go in, he would bid it higher.)

EDIT: Oh, I see what you are saying....the guy selling it had a different user name and HE was bidding on it to drive the price up. Well, you can do that, but then you run the risk of the guy you are driving the price up on saying too much, and he quits. Then YOU would be left with the winning bid. And then the fees for listing it kick in, and you would have to relist it again.
Yeah, CRAP. Somehow this guy knew how much I auto-bid to the dollar.

That's what I'm saying. Getting screwed out of the money sucks,

but I'd dearly love to get that three hours of my life back.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #12

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I am slightly over 50 of the things, but I am not very partial to them........

I am a lightweight in the collector community, some folks I know have hundreds. How many hundreds they won't say, and no one asks, but I wouldn't be surprised if some went to four figures.

There are so many variations of these old Russian murder devices you never run out of the "next on the list."

Is it nuts? Yep, probably. Crazier than golf? I doubt it. But it is fun and it is a collection a man on a working budget can build. I very much enjoy building and shooting the collection.
Yes, it's a collection even my broke ass could work on. Unfortunately, the prices are going UP!

I saw you tell another member on another thread that an asking price was too high. I think $170ish? That's about the going rate in most stores these days, the ones I frequent anyway. To go any lower than that, I'd have to order one. Then add shipping and transfer costs. Comes out close enough that I'd just assume buy the one I can lay my hands on and inspect first.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #13

Liked 361 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
Nope, it wasn't the autobid function. (That I know of, since 2 minutes after my bid would go in, he would bid it higher.)

EDIT: Oh, I see what you are saying....the guy selling it had a different user name and HE was bidding on it to drive the price up. Well, you can do that, but then you run the risk of the guy you are driving the price up on saying too much, and he quits. Then YOU would be left with the winning bid. And then the fees for listing it kick in, and you would have to relist it again.
a few years back, almost everything I tried to buy on ebay I ended up getting out bid in the last few minutes of the actual auction. then almost immediately after it ended, the seller would give me a second chance offer to buy the item for my max bid. it was clear they were trying to run up the price but it usually didn't work with me since my bid would usually only be the starting bid

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch