Just bought a CZ52 at the gunshow
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Just bought a CZ52 at the gunshow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default Just bought a CZ52 at the gunshow

I like it very much so far, but i won't get to shoot it until Sunday afternoon. Any advice?

From what i can tell about markings, it doesn't have the mark for being re-arseneled and does have the "rid" for military model. The finish is in decent shape for a 50+ year old pistol. It does have relatively plain wood grips that suit it well.

Any advice on where to find a good deal on magazines and spare parts? Any suggestions on which spare parts to go ahead and order (i hear the firing pins aren't hard to damage)?

Any advice, commentary, suggestions?

I will have to get pics up Sunday, as my camera is de-charged.

Any advice on the surplus ammo in the big cheap sardine cans (preferred origin, current good deals, cleaing requirements, etc.) ?

The decocker doesn't seem to be decocking, but i have heard that is iffy, safety-wise anyway. Really stiff safety lever.

Oh, $250 to a nice old guy whose primary business was selling/making knives.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #2

Liked 29 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I sold a nice one several months ago that I had since the early 90s. Don't dry fire-you will break a firing pin Most milsurp ammo is corrosive,just clean the weapon after a shooting session and you'l be fine. Ammo sources-AIM, Southern Ohio Gun . J&G Sales has good prices on the ammo. Shotgun news March 10 issue 1260 rds in sealed can for$90.09. Best regards

Old 03-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

When I bought mine I did some research and discovered that the ammo was made for pistols, or for SMGs. The SMG ammo seems to be too hot for the 52.

The Romanian 7.62x25 that was so prevalent is pistol ammo. I bought a case (1200+rds) and even though it was sold as "corrosive", I had no signs of it being corrosive. I still have over 1,000rds, even though I sold the 52.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-28-2011, 02:54 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A friend of mine bought a barrel and rollers for his from the link below when he owned one.

CZ-52 Pistol Parts and Accessories - buymilsurp.com

These guys have a few upgrade parts.

Harrington Products CZ-52 Competition and Replacement Parts

Old 03-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well, i didn't get to go shoot it, but i did get to tear it down and clean it up. When i removed the firing pin and cleaned out its lil tubular home, i found a good bit of thick dark grease (i immediately thought "no way that is packing grease"). Overall, it looks to have been shot but not frequently or in great volumes. I will probably order one of the replacement firing pins from that link, thanks .

I found the way the barrel/action works to be really different/interesting.

I hope to get some pics & targets shot Tuesday after work.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Very nice find orange!

Now, what is the best bear defense round for this gun?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Now, what is the best bear defense round for this gun?
It is my understanding that the standard 85grain FMJ will take out a buddy's knee like nobody's business.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
It is my understanding that the standard 85grain FMJ will take out a buddy's knee like nobody's business.
It will also penetrate a Kevlar helmet at close range. The CZ52 is on page 3 and 4 if you want to skip the 22lr, 9mm, 45APC and 357 Magnum.

The Box O' Truth #29 - The Helmets O' Truth - Page 1

Old 05-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #9

Got an excellent one for a steal some months ago, then let a buddy buy it from me (for same price). Kicking myself since.

The roar is something else--shoot it at dusk and enjoy the flame that comes out. Astonishingly accurate at any reasonable range, allowing for the OK, but not great trigger.

I would get a replacement, hardened firing pin--the original ones are brittle (hence the caution on dry-firing).

As a note, the prices seem to be jumping up. Scarcity and odd-ball factor may make this one a decent collector's item.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #10

I buy my 7.62 ammo for the sportsmans guide (sportsmansguide.com) 1200 rounds at a time, its fairly cheap a works well.

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
- Thomas Jefferson