Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Jungle carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

You'll likely have to pull the entire thing out of the stock so you can see what's broke there. You should have to depress that to get the bolt head back into position. That's definitely your problem. I'm just not entirely sure how it works.
Is the spring still in there? It might be missing a detent. I'm not sure. Sorry.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #12

The spring is still in there i can see it when i pull the pin out...any idea if this part is on all enfields?...the no 5 seems to be difficult to get parts for maybe can swap w one from a 3 or 4??

Old 07-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #13

Thanks for your help i figured that pin shouldn't be able to come out ill strip it down and take a look

Old 07-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #14
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Yes it is. Not sure if they are exactly the same. If you call numrich and tell them what you're looking for they may be able to tell you.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
You'll likely have to pull the entire thing out of the stock so you can see what's broke there. You should have to depress that to get the bolt head back into position. That's definitely your problem. I'm just not entirely sure how it works.
Is the spring still in there? It might be missing a detent. I'm not sure. Sorry.
Agreed.. The pin's there to prevent the bolt from coming out during normal operation. It appears to me that the spring is week and no longer keeps the stop pin up as it should. Sorry this is no more help than what you have gotten so far and I am still researching.. So far it looks like the part is peculiar to your Mk5.

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 07-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7591 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

The REAL #5s were made by converting No 4 rifles, so most parts from a No. 4 will interchange. There are some lookalike #5s that were made in later years by chopping up a Mk 3.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #17

Everything ive read on this gun shows it to be authentic no 5. Made in 46. It was given to me by my uncle was my grandfathers he was issued it as part of the civil defense program he headed in small town he lived in. Very neat gun id like to get it shootable. Looked at a mk4 schematic didnt seem that that part was on it. Numrich didnt seem to have replacement either.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
The REAL #5s were made by converting No 4 rifles, so most parts from a No. 4 will interchange. There are some lookalike #5s that were made in later years by chopping up a Mk 3.
Correct... I've got a #4 down in the shop torn down right now and it's got the same assy that's in your #5.. Unfortunately it's still all torn down.. Look for a #4 takedown guide on youtube.. You should be able to get something to show you how it's put together or check Numrichs for a #4 schematic..

NRA Life Member

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 08-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Got some pics that I hope will clear up your issues..

NRA Life Member

Old 08-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

What you see first is a three part assy of the bolt retaining pin/plunger that goes in a slot from the "bottom" of the reciever and up "not" from the top down (which I think may be your problem). Then the spring goes inside the slot and the retainer block attaches via threads from a screw that's also holding the mag release in place which keeps upward spring tension on the plunger. To remove the bolt you must push the plunger down then pull the bolt back and release the plunger which will push up under the front of the bolt releasing it thus allowing you to push up on the bolt head for removal. To reinstall the bolt , insert it and with the front of the bolt slightly forward, push down on the plunger then push the bolt forward. If you have the three parts installed correctly, you should have no issues moving the bolt back and forth .. Hope this helped.. Note: In order for you to remove this assy, you HAVE to remove the action from the stock.

NRA Life Member

Last edited by TheOldMan; 08-01-2012 at 02:58 PM.