Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Johnson Arms and Cycle Works

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Johnson Arms and Cycle Works

Does anybody know about this company? I read these guns are collectors but don't know what they are worth? Can anybody help me to find out?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

You might try this guy: http://www.geocities.com/iverjohnsoncollector/

My brother had an old revolver made by them about 20 years ago, but it was not serviceable.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8312 Times on 3593 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Think you are probably looking for IVER JOHNSON. The IJ's were pretty much a working man's gun- that is, a utility grade shooter. Yes, some folks collect them- but not with the passion shown for Colt's, Winchesters, etc. Collectability (and price) depends on what you have, and most importntly, the condition that it is in. Many have been poorly kept or stored, and as a result, are worth less. I have a few (usually 32 S&W caliber, some 38 S&Ws) and they are good shooters- interesting history from a time when any shopkeeper probably had an Iver Johnson revolver uner the cash register. You might visit auctions.com, and gunbroker.com, run an auction search using Iver Johnson, and see what pops up. Please note- SOME of these date from the era of Black Powder cartridge weapons, and probably should NOT be fired with current production ammo.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:15 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1934 Times on 1036 Posts
Likes Given: 2881

Iver Johnson was loacated in Fitchburg, MA. In 1995 was working in MA. Went to Fitchburg and looked at all the old industrial buildings, including the Iver Johnson factory. Fitchburg had once been an industrial town with IJ, a company that made locomotives, a company that made machine tools and many others.

Iver Johnson made single barrel shotguns, double barreled shotguns, revolvers, a .22 automatic pistol and and a 5.7mm Johnson auto rifle that was a copy of the M1 carbine. IJ also made one of the first .50 caliber sniper rifles, the AMAC-1500.

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn61-e.htm