Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Japanese Garand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Japanese Garand

No, I did not buy this. H3ll, I did not even know it existed, and I do not have and extra 30K to spend this month. However, it IS for sale at my local toystore, so....................

Anyway, I thought my C&R/Milsurp brethern might enjoy this.

Japanese Type 5 7.7 Japanese caliber rifle. Extremely rare Japanese Type 5 Garand. This is an extremely rare Japanese made copy of a U.S. Garand. It is estimated that only around 100 or so of these guns were built. The Japanese originally tried converting U.S. Garand to 7.7 Japanese caliber but had trouble with the American magazine design with the 7.7 round. They decided to try to build a copy of the Garand from scratch. These guns were made of the Yokosuka Arsenal as experimental guns, but these experimentals were forced into service due to the shortages towards the end of the war. This gun is chambered in 7.7 and has a 10 round captive magazine. The action works perfectly and the bore has strong rifling, but has darkness in the grooves. 90% plus finish remains on the metal and the wood shows minimal use. The magazine well cover is a perfect replacement. Very hard to find gun with only a handful known. Here is an opportunity to one of the legendary rarities of WWII! $29,500.00

jap-garand.jpg  

TXnorton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Oh man, I was hoping your post was going to ask, "I just got this at a yard sale. Any idea what it is worth?". Dang..

I've seen one of these and they are indeed very rare. $29K is a lot, but 15 years ago you could get a Singer 1911A1 for about $5K.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #3

That is a very nice toy. Those Japanese have such good ideas all of the time.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #4

Liked 83 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 25

It would be a great addition to a mil-surp collection, but rather pricey. I had the honor of doing a couple of minor repairs to one about 23 years ago and it was quite a joy to shoot.

Jim.............

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #5

Likes Given: 2

I would sell my car and ride a vespa for a few years to pay for that!!

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 07-02-2011, 02:23 AM   #6

Japanese grand = 1,000 yen