Irish Made Guns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Irish Made Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Irish Made Guns

I have been interested in finding out more about guns that would be considered made by the Irish (produced in Ireland and or have a history in Ireland). I have spent some time looking, and either i cant get close to the right terms to look for, or there just is not much out there.

Does anyone know of any guns (say less than 150 years old - would prefer less than 100 years old) that would qualify as a gun produced in Ireland? Personally not looking to buy REALLY expensive guns (less than $2000 may be considered, but would prefer under $1000 range), but would be interested in ANY guns that fall into this category (I am of Irish decent).

EDIT: I am Primarily interested in handguns for future purchase, but interested in learning about any guns from the past.

Last edited by theferg2000; 11-13-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #2

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

As far as I know the Irish only made individual guns by local gunsmiths. The Government was not allowed to produce guns per British edit. Webly made pistols for the police in Ireland. Called the RIC Royal Irish Constable. The other guns that were in the hands fof Irish freedom fighters were all bought on the black market or stolen from British Armorys.
Sarge

Old 11-13-2010, 02:15 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge_257 View Post
As far as I know the Irish only made individual guns by local gunsmiths. The Government was not allowed to produce guns per British edit. Webly made pistols for the police in Ireland. Called the RIC Royal Irish Constable. The other guns that were in the hands fof Irish freedom fighters were all bought on the black market or stolen from British Armorys.
Sarge
So not even hunting guns can be made huh? I was starting to think there were no exceptions, but you would think at some point, they would have gotten around it. I know the general public seems to be ok with no guns for protection. As far as the gun smiths that make them, i am guessing they would be VERY high priced?

Old 11-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2110 Times on 1157 Posts
Likes Given: 630

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055943409
You already know about this but the others may not.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.