Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Heads up on C&R parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Common sense says that if you order two screws for the same gun, that you'd want them mad from the same material. I guess common sense isn't so common nowadays.
Also, if they place an ad that says they have something, then it is their duty to inform the buyer if they are out of stock.
No, I wouldn't have called, and I would have been pissed when I got a brass screw and a steel screw. They SHOULD have said that they had both in the add.
You shouldn't HAVE to call someone to get your order right. I have used several businesses that I have never called, and they always get my orders right.

Bud, They were not out of stock!! It is not an add, it is an E-commerce site. They shipped exactly what he ordered. If you call them you can request what you want. I beleive that is also the case with online ordering. This is the same as walking into a store and asking for 7mm ammo. Then getting PO'ed because they sold you 7-08 and yours is 7x57. If you don't state what you want, you get what you get. Why is it that companies are supposed to have a crystal ball to know exactly what the customer wants? They may have thought they were doing him a favor by shipping both styles, not realizing what he wanted (same rifle). Why, because the correct info was not furnished. The buyer bares some responsability here.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Bud, They were not out of stock!! It is not an add, it is an E-commerce site. They shipped exactly what he ordered. If you call them you can request what you want. I beleive that is also the case with online ordering. This is the same as walking into a store and asking for 7mm ammo. Then getting PO'ed because they sold you 7-08 and yours is 7x57. If you don't state what you want, you get what you get. Why is it that companies are supposed to have a crystal ball to know exactly what the customer wants? They may have thought they were doing him a favor by shipping both styles, not realizing what he wanted (same rifle). Why, because the correct info was not furnished. The buyer bares some responsability here.
He didn't get exactly what he ordered. It doesnt exactly take a crystal ball to know that if someone orders replacement screws, that they probably don't want them both crushed, and both made from different metals. If they're going to do that, they need to mention that in the ad.