Hamilton model 27 .22 cal restoration
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Hamilton model 27 .22 cal restoration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 255 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default Hamilton model 27 .22 cal restoration

Ive been given a Hamilton model 27 to restore. It is the owners grandfather's gun. ITs in pretty good shape for being about 100 years old and im wondering if I should touch it or leave it as is???? Its a sentimental gun for the owner (who isnt a hunter or shooter) and he is not condsidering selling it but simply wants it looking new (er)

Its a pretty cool little gun.

http://nramuseum.org/the-museum/the-galleries/the-new-prosperity/case-48-the-booming-arms-industry/hamilton-model-27-single-shot-rifle.aspx

Love your guns, spend time with them.

303tom Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2014, 02:33 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1208 Times on 824 Posts
Likes Given: 1220

Picture`s !..............

When all else fails.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have a camera full of them. I just to take the time to upload them. Ive been too swamped working on guns. I will be uploading in a day or two.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #4

Liked 717 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
ITs in pretty good shape for being about 100 years old and im wondering if I should touch it or leave it as is?
That is an individual choice that is totally up to the owner. If he would be happier with it looking like new then go for it.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yeah he is aware that he could sell it for as much as $200 but he is not motivated by money and values sentiment and his son shooting the gun over $$$. My kind of guy in that regard.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1352 Times on 798 Posts
Likes Given: 3412

Without seeing any pictures mind you, I would gently remove any rust that I saw, touch up the finish if necessary, and leave any "character" flaws that I saw on the furniture. There are just some weapons that should not be messed with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY_guy View Post
Ive been given a Hamilton model 27 to restore. It is the owners grandfather's gun. ITs in pretty good shape for being about 100 years old and im wondering if I should touch it or leave it as is???? Its a sentimental gun for the owner (who isnt a hunter or shooter) and he is not condsidering selling it but simply wants it looking new (er)

Its a pretty cool little gun.

http://nramuseum.org/the-museum/the-galleries/the-new-prosperity/case-48-the-booming-arms-industry/hamilton-model-27-single-shot-rifle.aspx
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur