Got me a 8 x 57 Mauser
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Got me a 8 x 57 Mauser

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: sheffield,yorks
Posts: 27
Default Got me a 8 x 57 Mauser

Hi Guys,

I would like to share my new toy with you, its a yugo mauser 8 x 57, in .323 cal
its in good condition and been for the reserve forces and mainly stored.
I have converted many berden cases to boxer, but any tips would be great.
Hope you like

mauser-008.jpg   mauser-006.jpg  
__________________

more reloading means more quality weapons

chris1234 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
downsouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,009
Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

You have a fine firearm. I wish I had kept mine instead of selling it 30 years ago.

__________________

NEVER FORGET

downsouth is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: sheffield,yorks
Posts: 27
Default

Yes i have of cost $225 and shoots well at 100m and 200m with loads of 43 gr win 760, 175 gr boolit head and cci primer.

Its a joy to own and shoot

__________________

more reloading means more quality weapons

chris1234 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
303tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 3,962
Liked 1344 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 1446

Default

It`s NOT a damn toy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

__________________

When all else fails.


Last edited by 303tom; 08-19-2012 at 03:30 PM.
303tom is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: sheffield,yorks
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
Please don`t call it a (TOY)..........

Be sure you know 7.92x57 or 8x57, there is a difference.........8.08 mm / .318 (I and IR) and 8.20 / .323" (IS and IRS)

Looks like a pretty nice old Mauser, Good Luck with her..........

As i said in my thread its a .323, ok its a real rifle, but its my new toy as to speak.

I looked into this rifle and spent 3 months research and asking info before i bought and handled it.

ALWAYS TREAT A FIRE ARM WITH THE UNMOST RESPECT and caution
__________________

more reloading means more quality weapons

chris1234 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tacticalfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,224
Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Default

Why not call it a toy? My firearms are my toys. And my truck is a toy. We have fun with our firearms...which makes them a toy. My sidearm is not a toy....my .338 lapua is a toy.

__________________
tacticalfun is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: sheffield,yorks
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun View Post
Why not call it a toy? My firearms are my toys. And my truck is a toy. We have fun with our firearms...which makes them a toy. My sidearm is not a toy....my .338 lapua is a toy.
Yes its a toy, could i really call my new rifle, Darling. Dearest or even Duck as we say in England.

Its not a tatical killing machine in a war zone, its for fun and relaxation
__________________

more reloading means more quality weapons

chris1234 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Good for you. I've got one just like it. It is a great rifle. I'm thinking of scoping mine and seeing what it will do w/ handloads. That will mean drilling and tapping and bolt handle modding, but there isn't much collector value in the Yugo anyway, at least not to me. I would not worry about converting Berdan primed brass to boxer, as new 8x57 brass is fairly plentiful. I make it from .30-06 brass w/ a Redding form and trim die. Have fun shooting it. I will post a photo when I complete the big conversion.
cottontop

__________________
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: sheffield,yorks
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Good for you. I've got one just like it. It is a great rifle. I'm thinking of scoping mine and seeing what it will do w/ handloads. That will mean drilling and tapping and bolt handle modding, but there isn't much collector value in the Yugo anyway, at least not to me. I would not worry about converting Berdan primed brass to boxer, as new 8x57 brass is fairly plentiful. I make it from .30-06 brass w/ a Redding form and trim die. Have fun shooting it. I will post a photo when I complete the big conversion.
cottontop
Yes i would love to see the picture.

I am keeping mine open sights, its a joy to shoot.

I got given 350 plus brass cases for free and i enjoy the engineering part of convertion.

Here in england reloading items are not cheap, our market is small and most things are imported from the States, i would say, as your market is vast.
__________________

more reloading means more quality weapons

chris1234 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 499
Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1234 View Post
Hi Guys,

I would like to share my new toy with you, its a yugo mauser 8 x 57, in .323 cal
its in good condition and been for the reserve forces and mainly stored.
I have converted many berden cases to boxer, but any tips would be great.
Hope you like
225 is a good deal because that is not a Yugo mauser . Its a German k98.
__________________
tiberius10721 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
8mm mauser j-dave General Rifle Discussion 17 06-02-2012 06:20 PM
A little help on my Mauser wjnfirearms Curio & Relic Discussion 13 04-01-2012 01:24 PM
What's this mauser? rembrant88 General Rifle Discussion 16 03-01-2012 10:51 PM
Bit by mauser bug! tiberius10721 Curio & Relic Discussion 15 02-15-2012 04:37 PM
8mm mauser? sngreen1 General Rifle Discussion 33 03-08-2011 04:22 AM