Future Collectibles
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Future Collectibles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1189 Times on 852 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Default Future Collectibles

Whats yalls opinion on current guns , say under 20 years old or still in production that in your mind will be a future relic ? AR's are out , it seems everyone has one nowa days .
Price
Production
Popularity
Practicality
There just does not seem to be many out there like the Colt anaconda anymore
Mass production these days is going to be big hurdle
You have Legends like the AK -1911 - Ar -M1 ect , Most like these are still very popular along with current production of some form , and they are still sought after by many , BUT ,are the majority of them collectible material ?

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #2

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Truthfully, I don't think you're going to really see any more. Now, if a company goes under, that may lend itself to collectible status, but everything is so mass produced now that, I believe anything made after about 2000 on won't see it unless they simply, as I said, went under.
The 1911's will pretty much always hold their values, and if someone has one from the military, I'd expect it to be worth exponentially more than a similar Colt that wasn't.
I think it'll come down more to serial numbers before it's all over with on the newer ones, and smaller, 'collector' runs, than mass produced firearms.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 04-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7629 Times on 4585 Posts
Likes Given: 9514

Time to run out and buy those "Zombie" LCP's........

I think the limited production guns such as the Zombies, pink or raspberry guns, or other special models of popular guns may be collector guns in the long run. I wanted to buy a raspberry LCP but they don't make them anymore. I have a Lady Sig P238. A different model than the regular Sig P238. Collector's item in the future, who knows. I don't think I'll ever sell it, though, no matter what.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 04-18-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #4

Liked 738 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 770

The C&R world has been largely military arms. I'm not seeing anything from the last 60..70 years hitting the list because of selective fire. Even Modern sniper rifles are re-built into new rifles/configurations. If anything new does hit the C&R list it may be a handgun of some sort.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

is the M1 Garand considered a Curio & Relic? because if not, this is one that should be. i have always thought it to be one of the best rifles ever made. if i ever run across one at the right time and price, then i plan on having one.

right now with guns being made the way they are, with the exception of maybe some limited production models, or commemoratives, i just really don't see any being really collectable in the future.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
is the M1 Garand considered a Curio & Relic? because if not, this is one that should be. i have always thought it to be one of the best rifles ever made. if i ever run across one at the right time and price, then i plan on having one.

right now with guns being made the way they are, with the exception of maybe some limited production models, or commemoratives, i just really don't see any being really collectable in the future.
Pretty much all M1 Garands are considered C&R eligable now. But you do not need a C&R license to purchase one. CMP sells to anyone who meets their requirements and ships direct to your door.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I don't really see anything being collectable other than limited edition stuff. Unless they do away with that stupid full auto ban, military weapons will not be on the collectable list. (other than pistols, semi autos, and bolt actions which pretty much narrows it down to only a few guns)

Old 04-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #8

Liked 1189 Times on 852 Posts
Likes Given: 607

I could see Taurus having a few , they make some off the wall guns . Not many like the judges and the Circuit Judge are being made by other companies . But Taurus is steady pumping them out , in my book the taurus company make just as fine of handgun as any . I own several and they are my main carries

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #9

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Browning might if they stop production of a certain model. Of course, that could happen with any manufacter

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 04-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Anything made by hi-point lol