Enfield No.4 Mk1 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Enfield No.4 Mk1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 03:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
thanks ill check the sk ones
I went with the Weaver, but would do the proprietary S&K if doing it again. Mounts lower to the bore.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-27-2011, 03:21 AM   #12

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

sarcoinc.com have the #4 MKIT org. repo scope mounts for 150bucks...not to bad of price for a clone set up

to bad i missed out on #4 MK (T) org. enfield sniper on G-broker a while back it...it sold for 450.00 bucks

I didnt know they were worth so much,or i would had placed a lil better max bid

Old 05-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5630 Times on 2943 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
sarcoinc.com have the #4 MKIT org. repo scope mounts for 150bucks...not to bad of price for a clone set up

to bad i missed out on #4 MK (T) org. enfield sniper on G-broker a while back it...it sold for 450.00 bucks

I didnt know they were worth so much,or i would had placed a lil better max bid
im looking for a no drill/tap mount i dont like the idea of buggering up a historic rifle.

from what ive read about ww2 era snipers they really werent anything special just hand picked off the line then drilled for a scope mount. if im not mistaken the svd druganov was the first purpose designed sniper rifle rather than a battle rifle pressed into sniper service.

450 woulda been a good deal on it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-27-2011, 04:23 AM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
im looking for a no drill/tap mount i dont like the idea of buggering up a historic rifle.

from what ive read about ww2 era snipers they really werent anything special just hand picked off the line then drilled for a scope mount. if im not mistaken the svd druganov was the first purpose designed sniper rifle rather than a battle rifle pressed into sniper service.

450 woulda been a good deal on it.
Actually, the No4Mk1(T) rifles were chosen off the No4Mk1 line for their accuracy. THEN, they were sent to Holland & Holland to be re-barrelled with heavy match barrels, accurized, had the mounts hand fitted, and the scopes dialed in. They were designed to work with issue ball, and did not have match rounds loaded for them.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-27-2011, 05:09 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Started cleaning it the bore is a little dark with darkness in the grooves much worse looking than my garand and mosins. I cant see any pitting. But no copper fouling just dirt with some surface rust.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #16

Quote:
know anything about these scope mounts??

ATI's .303 Enfield No. 4, MK1, MK2, MK5 Scope Mount
They work just fine.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17 View Post
They work just fine.
is that yours?? cuz its like half the cost of the sk mount.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:30 AM   #18

JonM
I have a No4 Mk1 manufactured by Savage, very smooth action but heavy trigger. Is it possible that yours had a trigger job done?
Very accurate rifle but needs carefully reloaded rounds to do it justice.
Any photos and more info on manufacturing company and year?
Does it by any chance have a stamp on the left side refering to "US Property"?

Old 05-28-2011, 03:41 AM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
JonM
I have a No4 Mk1 manufactured by Savage, very smooth action but heavy trigger. Is it possible that yours had a trigger job done?
mine is english make its not a us/canadian according to its markings. i take it to understand that the ROF (F) after the no4Mk1 means Royal Ordanance Factory Fazakerley. it doesnt have any rebuild markings.

its possible its had a trigger stoning at some point. when i take it apart for its first deep cleaning ill take pics of the barrel markings under the wood

Old 05-28-2011, 05:06 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunsb View Post
JonM
You may want to try a Huber trigger. I put one in my Eddystone and the improvement is almost unbelievable. Link: Lee Enfield SMLE
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams