Egyptian Hakin

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Egyptian Hakin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Default Egyptian Hakin

I have started making an inventory of my gun collection. Of course I want it for insurance purpose but mainly I want something that my wife or daughter can use to get an idea what they have and what its worth if and when something happens to me. I’m using “My Gun Collection” by BurnSoft on my computer and “Gun Vault Pro” on my tablet. Both of these allow you to include pictures so I’m getting started photographing the ones I don’t already have pictures of to include in the inventory. I thought while I was going thru that process I would start posting a few pictures of my C&R firearms along with a description of what I know or think I know about each gun. If anyone has a correction or addition please jump in. I want to include as much info as I can in the inventory.

First is an Egyptian Hakim. It’s a close licensed copy of the AG-42 Ljungman designed and made in Sweden. It is supposed to be the first rifle produced in Egypt and I don’t think it was used much and for very long. Its chambered for the 7.92x57 round or better know over here as the 8mm Mauser. It can be loaded with fresh 10 rd. magazines or the magazine in the gun can be loaded with 5 rd. stripper clips. All the markings on the rifle are in either Arabic or Farci. Since I can read either it doesn’t matter which but the rear ladder sight can be use for a kinda Rosetta stone to interpret at least the numbers such as serial number and year of manufacture. The sight is marked 1 through 10 indicating 100 to 1000 meters. So you just have to match the numbers on the gun with the ones on the sight and just like that old decoder ring you got the answer. It’s a fairly long and heavy weapon at 47.9”. I have read it weighs 9.7 lbs. but mine with an unloaded magazine weighs 10.5 lbs. It does have a carbine brother called the Rashid/Rasheed that’s 40.75” and 9 lbs 4 oz and fires the 7.62 x 39 and looks a whole lot like a SKS.

Operating it is a little strange but not all that hard to get used to. To load it you push the safety lever to the on safe position (right) and push the dust cover forward till it lock over the BCG, then pull it back till they lock in the open position. Insert a loaded magazine or load the one in the gun with the stripper clips. Once loaded push the safety lever to the fire position (left) and the BCG will fly forward leaving the dust cover to the rear and stripping a round off the magazine and readying the rifle to fire. If the bolt is locked open and you want to close it with out chambering a round just remove the magazine and push the dust cover forward about 1/4” then pull it back and the bolt will close. It’s recommended that you always leave the safety lever in the safe position anytime your not firing the rifle so the bolt is locked and it can’t accidentally close. They say if you think Garand thumb is bad you haven’t seen Hakim thumb.

It is a direct gas impingement system like most AR's and has a gas valve on top of the forearm that allows you to make adjustments for different ammo and different conditions.

I have also read that the AG-42 and the Hakin was designed by Erik Eklund who got tired of designing firearms and founded the group Abba in 1972. True or not? I have no idea.

img_2874.jpg   img_2875.jpg   img_2876.jpg   img_2877.jpg   img_2878.jpg  

img_2879.jpg   img_2880.jpg   img_2936.jpg   img_2937.jpg  

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by string1946; 05-06-2013 at 08:58 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

That's a cool looking rifle. Makes me want one.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #3

Liked 2472 Times on 1605 Posts

So have you ever shot it?

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 05-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
So have you ever shot it?
I have shot it a few times. I've only had it a couple of weeks. My range isn't really ready yet because of all the rain but I did shot a magazine full standing on my hind legs. It shoots very well and I could hit a gallon milk jug at 100 yards with most of the rounds.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis