Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   The duracoat sno-camo sks coyote hunter (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/duracoat-sno-camo-sks-coyote-hunter-89467/)

Milsurpshooter60 04-24-2013 02:03 PM

The duracoat sno-camo sks coyote hunter

4 Attachment(s)
I recently got into predater hunting when the rancher that lets me hunt on his 1500 acres of land said i need some coyotes cleared out they go after my calves get some and you can hunt here long as ya want, so i needed a varmint rifle.Well just about same time a freind brought me a box of parts and a stock for an old yugo sks that was pretty beat up outside and asked if i would like to have it of course i took it. , i had a brainstorm, this is the result, all i had to do was replace the gas shut off spring and reassemble it fired perfectly and cycled well , then i said why buy a new 204 i have this .well she is finished and ready to start hunting , i like to hunt yotes when they have the thick winter coat so i neded something they could not see this is what i came up with .man that duracoat looks nice.I have the snow camo poncho and this ,i plan on useing the 123 gr hp,s. so i dont tear up the hides.What ya think guy,s?I had the old ati folding stock but was broken ,so i molded it all to one peice, and installed the rifle to it .still have all the old milsurp parts i did not use.Bayo,stock,cleaning rod,etc.I like it some may not ,it will drop many a dog in the next few yrs.I used a branch from a pine tree out back of my house for the pattern,sprayed it all sno white then dusted the black on with pine limb laying across rifle.

Milsurpshooter60 04-24-2013 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one more with a little better light.The shots i will be taking will range from 50 to 300 yards across big grazing pastures.I think this will do just what i need on coyote,s,Was gonna paint scope as well but may replace with night vision when they get a little more affordable we can hunt coyote after dark here.No closed season on them and the thick winter hides bring good money.

ShagNasty1001 04-24-2013 02:15 PM

Looks good

TruggieTex 04-24-2013 02:18 PM

That looks really nice!

I have been wanting to start a dura coat project. Did you use an airbrush?

Milsurpshooter60 04-24-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruggieTex (Post 1225299)
That looks really nice!

I have been wanting to start a dura coat project. Did you use an airbrush?

Yes i did and t/y my friend

primer1 04-25-2013 01:21 PM

Looks good. How does it shoot? Minute of coyote at 300 yards?

Milsurpshooter60 04-25-2013 02:51 PM

wtf ? thats kinda strange to say,it shoots just fine what is ya point?:confused:

primer1 04-25-2013 04:35 PM

Being a firearms talk forum, I was just making conversation about the gun and its ability to shoot a coyote. I meant no disrespect by it.