Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (
-   -   Dumb question from new C&R licensee (

KyFried 02-13-2012 04:51 PM

Dumb question from new C&R licensee
Hi guys,
I've been reading this forum for about a month or so, and finally decided to sign up. I just got my C&R license today. Woohoo! I know that I'm not supposed to sign the original, that I'm supposed to sign a copy, but what am I supposed to copy? The whole thing (even the little box with the cut out FFL info card)? It doesn't need to be front and back, does it?

Like I said, probably a stupid question. But I appreciate you guys humoring me. Thanks,

c3shooter 02-13-2012 05:23 PM

No stupid questions (but SOME get REAL close!) :p

Copy the front of the license. Should be about a half page. Matter of fact, make about a dozen copies. Trim them. Fold a couple and keep in your wallet for "targets of opportunity". When you need to use one, take it out and sign it.

Also a good time to see that you have your "bound volume" set up.

You will also want to send a signed copy in the places like Southern Ohio Gun, AIM surplus, etc, that you are likely to do business with. Places like Numrich Gun Parts Corp and Brownells also gives a discount on stuff to C&R holders- so get on file with them.

And where ARE my manners? Welcome to the forum- when you get a minute, drop by the intro thread, and tell us about yerself.

KyFried 02-13-2012 05:33 PM

Gotcha, thank you.

USAFret 02-13-2012 10:33 PM

Send a copy to Midway too. They also will give you discounts.

KyFried 02-14-2012 03:40 PM

Sweet! I buy reloading stuff from Midway. Thanks for the heads up.