Don't give up hope!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Don't give up hope!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 179 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default Don't give up hope!

About a year ago, I got a couple of Enfield rifles for not too much money. One was a Nr1 Mk III in fairly good condition. The other was a Nr1 MkI that was sporterized. Since the Nr1 MkI had the hard to find clip guide on the bolt head, I decided to make it a restoration project. This type was made from 1902 to 1906, so it did not have a long production run,and many were converted to the later specs during WW1. So I had resigned myself to never finding the correct nose cap for it. No way, I thought. Until last week when I found that a company in PA had new ones for $20, along with some other interesting C&R parts. It arrived in the mail today and does appear to be the correct item. So, do not overlook Springfield Sporters when looking for C&R parts.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

with the correct attitude and the tenacity to stick with a project, most any restorations have good potential. pictures please!

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling