Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Cz-52

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I like mine a lot, but then a couple years ago, ran into a YUGOM57, which is the other guys version of the pistol. I like it better for the simple reason that it shoots better for me and the mag release is where I'm used to it, not at the bottom of the grip (a pain). I bought a bunch of the surplus ammo when it was cheap, and now have to conserve on it, because even it is not cheap, plus I've heard here and there that it's illegal to shoot anymore because it goes through kelvar like butter. Both, though are great guns.

Dave

Old 08-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #12

Liked 223 Times on 139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandog56

Ehh, I'm a bit of the opposite. I had one (Got it when they were $119) but never was thrilled by the trigger pull or it's accuracy. Put in a replacement barrel to see if the accuracy got any better, it didn't. Got a Rommie Tok later and liked it MUCH better. So I traded the CZ for a scoped Savage 110 30.06, and never regretted doing it.

Anybody need a CZ 52 barrel and roller assembly?
That's funny,the one that my dad passed down to me is extremely accurate of you can master the gawd-awful trigger pull and weird grip angle. But I'm sure they aren't exactly known for consistancy.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #13

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98
Got one?
I love mine. It's one of my guns that I won't part with. It's just too much fun, and it always draws a crowd when shooting it in public.
An ugly spud.
Recently came across a few for sale in the $300-350 range. I think they're worth it just for the s & g factor.
Got any pics??

Old 08-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #14

Liked 1675 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 851

I think I may have posted a pic of it way back. My computer with all my photos crashed some time ago and I'm now using a Kindle fire. Haven't bothered to figure out how to load pics with it.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #15

It kind of made me sick to my stomach when I visited Czech Rep last year and saw those in gun stores for only about $90!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #16

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

A friend of mine lives in the Czech Republic (oddly enough we met online in a CZ-52 forum lol) He has a couple of the '52's and said they are pretty much as common as paper over there. He also said that the magazines are quite inexpensive and you can get them anywhere! While I am happy with the one I own and have no desire to have another one, sure would be nice to have a few extra magazines!

Old 09-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I picked up a couple of spare mags for cheap from Sportsmanship Guide or MidwayUSA.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.