Curios & Relics
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Curios & Relics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Curios & Relics

Just received my FFL for Curios & Relics after a 4 mo wait. Can't wait to start shopping. Just can't decide between a SBR or a SBS

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Congrats!

Check this out:

Places to send your C&R License for.....

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody
Just received my FFL for Curios & Relics after a 4 mo wait. Can't wait to start shopping. Just can't decide between a SBR or a SBS
Somthing like this maybe
image-2878248819.png   image-2587298421.jpg  

Old 07-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8860 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

You DO understand that with or without a C&R FFL, all National Firearm Act rules still apply, and that your FFL only covers those firearms that ar 50 years old or older, or that are on the ATF list? And that for a SBR or SBS, you will still pay the $200 transfer tax, and go thru the same process?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it .

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-15-2011, 12:42 AM   #6

Yes I was aware of that. But thanks for info. My local Gun shop had informed me of that But had told me to purchase a class 3 I would still have to have the FFL and going the C&R route was the best way. The list of C&R's they sent with my license is very informative and mind boggiling at the same time

Old 07-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Woody- what state are you in? To purchase a Class III NFA weapon, you need to arrange the transfer through an 01 Dealer that has a Class III endorsement that is in your home state. Totally different from an 03 C&R FFL.

I really don't mean to lecture to you- I am concerned that you may have been given some misinformation. I have held a 03 C&R FFL since 1976, and if I wanted to buy a SBS, or a full auto, unless it was a 50 year old firearm, or one listed by the ATF as a C&R, my license does nothing for me.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:08 AM   #8

Never consider learning a lecture. A little background to my reason for applying for the C&R. I live in Missouri and have a CCW. And was now starting to have a growing interest in adding a NFA class 3 to my collection. So I went down to my local gunshop to inquiry what I needed to do seeing I knew these were special permit weapons that had to be registered
The Dealer said the first thing I needed was to apply for an FFL and the easiest to get was the C&R and when I got it.
I would still be paying the $200 fee for the permit for the SBR
Also as a side note if I decided to put a suppressor on it it would be another $200 for the permit for the suppressor.

And the dealer would be helping me file all the paperwork and selling me the weapon

Like I say I'm just starting to learn about special permited weapons. But I have faith in this gun dealer that all will be in order and completely on the up and up they have been in business locally for along time and have been and do deal in
Class III

Old 07-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Woody- that's good. I was holding my breath- we get a few folks that confuse a Class III firearm, and a Class 03 FFL. Then they have a BIG dissappointment.

And to address the suppressor issue- with the rare exception of an integrally suppressed firearm, the can is removable- so will have it's own serial number, and it's own transfer paper- under the NFA, a suppressor IS a firearm.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #10

Thanks again for the info. I do have a question about C&R though

When I read the sticky who to send you C&R to in this section. I could swear it is insinuating I can have weapons on the C&R list sent to me???

The way I read the info I got with my license is that I am not allowed to have firearms shipped to me personally regardless of being on the list or not. Mailorder transactions would still
Have to be made through a Dealer with an FFL to sell sell firearms

Note: I did catch the note that came with my license to make copies to use when making a purchase

Once again thanks for the help and I'll be watching this thread closely to help me learn what I can and cannot do

Oh yea and salivating over my
FIREARMS CURIOS OR RELICS LIST