CMP Notice on M1 Carbine Problem
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > CMP Notice on M1 Carbine Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default CMP Notice on M1 Carbine Problem

Received the below email from the CMP folks regarding an M1 Carbine I recently purchased. If you've recently purchased a CMP Carbine (either from them or a 3rd party), you may want to inspect the barrel for this hole. I'll be looking at mine later today.

russ
---------------------------------
Earlier today CMP armorers performing Inspection & Repair operations on a recently received small quantity of M1 carbines found several that had a hole (1/4” in diameter) drilled on the bottom side of the barrel, approximately one inch from where the barrel screws into the receiver.

Although our inspections will prevent carbines with these barrels from being sold and shipped, as an extra safety precaution, we are notifying (by email and telephone) all of our customers who may have received a carbine from this latest batch and advising them to inspect the underside of the barrel or to have a qualified gunsmith make the inspection. Please see the attached photo.

Only a limited number of carbines shipped between March 3, 2008 and March 13, 2008 are affected by this notice.

Shooting a Carbine in that condition is dangerous and may cause injury or death to the shooter. DO NOT SHOOT YOUR M-1 CARBINE!

If your Carbine has a hole in the underside of the barrel (as shown in the attached photo) please contact ccallaway@odcmp.com, 256-835-8455 x 1141, at CMP for further instructions.

If you no longer have possession of the Carbine, please furnish a copy of this letter to the person who currently possesses the Carbine and provide us with his or her name and address.

We thank you for your support.

Orest Michaels
Chief Operating Officer

“When you're swervin' on life's highway, you're runnin' someone off the road."
-- Robert Earl Keen

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Fortunately I got mine before that. But again, thanks to the CMP for getting the notice out quick.

9x18=Makarov