Chinese T-53
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Chinese T-53

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1332 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 312

Default Chinese T-53

I bought a 1955 Chinese T-53 in the Spring and had no real range time with it until today. The T-53 is an exact copy of a Mosin Nagant Model M-1944. I picked this rifle up at a pawn shop for a song because I did not have a Chinese in my Mosin collection.

I took this rifle to the range today and was very pleased with the way the old gal performed. The trigger was light and crisp, something nearly unheard of on a Mosin of any description. Grouping at 75 yards was acceptable, considering my lack of skills as a fine rifleman.

This rifle was an older import from NAC, and was in dang good shape considering most of the T-53s I have seen. It has a nice bore with dark grooves that look like they were blued in a refurb. The blue has faded to look almost like a Parkerizing and the stock is not beat to hell.

For $120.00 OT, these days, I would have been hard pressed to find a better deal.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 AM   #2

Liked 61 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default beater sled gun

My only Type 53 was bought (1992)as a $39 parts gun (busted stock missing small parts) was a all matching (dated 1955 as well), missing the end cap from the stock, stock had seriouse case of dry rot, metal cept for a couple handling marks was like new, I had all sorts of fun with that rifle, I traded it off when I swore off Mosins Cold Turkey........I relapsed 4 years later with a project Fin Mosin P-27 from Tomato stake to 'Lotta' the black dressed beauty(ATI stock)

Old 10-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bought my little T53 in a local Gun&Pawn, as I too wanted something a bit different for my growing Mosin collection. Unfortunately, it had been "bubba'd", though a 'nice' bubba job. Beautiful reblue job, butt he stock was cut down - a shame as it's a darker wood that resembles walnut, and the muzzle was cut about an inch and the bayo lug cut from the front sight unit.
I had wanted to restock it back to military standard, but it just wouldn't be quite 'right'. Maybe put it into an M38 stock one day.....

But it is a very good shooter! I think, from reading of others like this, that some company did several like this as ersatz 'deer rifles'. My old Spanish M43 Airforce Model Mauser was part of such a group of 'professional bubba jobs'.