Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > California Is Run By Criminals...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Default California Is Run By Criminals...

But you already knew that!!!

I was cruising around J&G Sales website and clicked the C&R Guns section. I saw they're selling the CZ 82. I was looking at the description and noticed this little gem: "CZ-82 Czech 9x18 Makarov Military pistol, California ok with NO mags, good condition."

I nearly burst out laughing. What good is the gun without a magazine?? None of course! I clicked the link to find out more and J&G recommends going to the California Atty Gen website to the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale page. The laughter ended. I perused the Decertified Handguns page. If they are going to make the possession, sale, or trade of the venerable Colt Police Positive illegal, then you know it's full out criminality on the part of those running the government. This list is full of C&R guns! The thugs in California won't even let you have those!!!

Glad I left years ago. All of my guns would be illegal there....

9x18=Makarov

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #2

If you don't live here and it doesn't affect you then why would you care? Every state has some form of gun control laws on the book, some more strict than others. New York and Massachusetts are 2 off the top of my head. California isn't perfect but there's still a lot going for it.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I was trying to sleep and my sixth sense told me someone was complaining about guns laws... I don't want to hear it. I have an approved firearms roster. How restrictive can you get? Seriously. Approved Weapons Rosters - Executive Office of Public Safety

My state is tied for 3rd, that means I'm close winning right?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
If you don't live here and it doesn't affect you then why would you care? Every state has some form of gun control laws on the book, some more strict than others. New York and Massachusetts are 2 off the top of my head. California isn't perfect but there's still a lot going for it.
Because the laws of California have this nasty tendency to creep across the entire nation. And frankly the right to bear arms has no borders as far as we should be concerned. We can all look toward California to see exactly what is on Congress' gun control agenda.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:41 AM   #5

Liked 198 Times on 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
California isn't perfect but there's still a lot going for it.
Like what? I used to think it would be cool to live there, mainly because of the beaches and the hot women. Hell, Florida has both and that state isn't ran by anti-gun hippies that won't let you fart without filling a permit for it first.

I'm with Scott, What good is a mag-fed pistol without the mag? California has real problems, problems with gangs and pollution and crime and they decide to pass laws making a perfectly good pistol illegal. I don't get Cali's gun laws, I mean they say this brand 1911 is not legal but this brand 1911 is legal. What give's?

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-18-2009, 03:43 AM   #6

Not having the gub'ment breathing down my neck is one reason why I like living in Indiana.

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thats a booklet that "summarizes" Cali's gun laws.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/Cfl2007.pdf

Correct me if I'm wrong, but summary means short usually, that's 55 pages long. Holy crap, one more place to never hope to get stationed.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 03-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

California is not worried about gangs or illegal immagrants no they are worried about law abiding gun owners runing around causing all these problems. You know if you shoot a squirrel with a lead bullet you just kill every condor in california. Man have you ever seen that bird that is one UGLY MOFO let the dam thing die.

It is the same with almost everything. They are not worried about the people breaking the laws they are worried about the ones that are not.

Think back to the 80 and 90's when the spotted owl crap was going on. The tree huggers said you could only find them in old growth forest. As kids we would see them all over in old and new growth forest. In fact some researchers did a study and found that the number of owls in old growth was lower than the ammount in new growth. Then you didn't hear anything else about that darn stupid owl.

I had a friend get told he could not plant crops on his land because some tree hugger that was tresspassing found some darn microscopic bug that only lived in vernal pools in a 5 mile area of northen calie. If you don't know hippie tree hugger talk a vernal pool is a god dam mud puddle that stays wet for more than a month.

I think we need to split northen calie from southern calie If you split them right above sacramento and san francisco the part to the north would become a free state again. Who cares about the south I say anex them from the country and let them live like them tree huggin bunny lover movie stars want to live. See what happens then.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #9

[QUOTE=dragunovsks;83599]Like what? QUOTE]

Well if you do any offroading, like I do, then we have the best trails in the nation. Not mud pits like the east coast. Beaches and nountains easy driving distance from one another. You can't mean to tell me other states don't have problems with pollution and gangs as you state? Can you say Love Canal? The ban on lead bullets for hunting is restricted to Condor nesting areas, not statewide. Spotted Owls? I seem to remember it was Washington and Oregon pushing the issue on that one. Vernal Pools? Yeah I know what they are, theres plenty in my area as well and it hasn't stopped that much building. Honestly, take this to the appropriate section. This doesn't belong in the C&R section.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #10

I'm not saying Cali has problems and the rest of the country doesn't. I know my state has it's problems as does every other state in the union but Cali seems to be full of the type of people that cry when a squirrel is shot for food. I'm not saying you are one of these people, I'm merely saying that of all the states California seems to hate gun owners and hunters the most.

I don't 4-wheel because I don't have a 4x4. I've rode shotgun with friends who have driven on trails and in mud pits but it's just not my thing right now. It costs too damn much. We have 4-wheeling areas that aren't mud pits too. Less than hour from where I live there is an abandoned quarry that is known for it's trails. I'm not sure exactly where it's at because I've never been there but I've heard friends of mine talking about it.

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380