You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion >

C&R question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 02:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
matt g's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,885
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

Default C&R question

If I lived in a free state what exactly would my C&R allow me when it came to things like C&R M1A1s, PPSH41, M3s or Mod Deuces? Would I still need a tax stamp on them, or would standard C&R regs apply?
"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Last edited by matt g; 08-20-2008 at 06:35 AM.
matt g is offline  
Reply With Quote

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
c3shooter's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 21,228
Liked 16331 Times on 6737 Posts
Likes Given: 2662


NFA arms, even if classed as C&R arms, nust still be transferred, and the transfer tax paid. It can be transferred directly to you without going thru a class III dealer, but tax man still wants his share. Translation- you want a nice 1928 Thompson smg. Being made in 1928 it is C&R based on age. Being a machinegun, it is also an NFA arm, and you will need to pony up the $200 tax.
c3shooter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ScottG's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,614
Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts


Well, according to the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide dated 2005, it appears that you still have to apply for a transfer of NFA weapons and pay the tax.

Page 188 - 189 question references Title 26 United States Code Chapter 53 subsection 5812 27 CFR 479 84-86
ScottG is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes