C&R question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > C&R question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default C&R question

If I lived in a free state what exactly would my C&R allow me when it came to things like C&R M1A1s, PPSH41, M3s or Mod Deuces? Would I still need a tax stamp on them, or would standard C&R regs apply?

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Last edited by matt g; 08-20-2008 at 07:35 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9567 Times on 4116 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

NFA arms, even if classed as C&R arms, nust still be transferred, and the transfer tax paid. It can be transferred directly to you without going thru a class III dealer, but tax man still wants his share. Translation- you want a nice 1928 Thompson smg. Being made in 1928 it is C&R based on age. Being a machinegun, it is also an NFA arm, and you will need to pony up the $200 tax.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Well, according to the Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide dated 2005, it appears that you still have to apply for a transfer of NFA weapons and pay the tax.

Page 188 - 189 question references Title 26 United States Code Chapter 53 subsection 5812 27 CFR 479 84-86

9x18=Makarov