Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Curio & Relic Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/)
-   -   C&R Holsters (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f37/c-r-holsters-47515/)

tellmaster207 08-29-2011 10:15 PM

C&R Holsters

Just a quick question for all you crufflers.
Does anyone know of a good source of holster info. I can't find any holster forums anywhere. Any books anyone recommends?

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

jpattersonnh 08-29-2011 10:27 PM

WTF is a cruffler? What pistol?

rigjumpr 08-29-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh (Post 571684)
WTF is a cruffler? What pistol?

What in Blue Blazes is a Cruffler???

Chainfire 08-29-2011 11:14 PM

A book I found helpful is The Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry by Massad Ayoob. He devotes a good bit of paper to holsters, and has a lot of other important information about carrying.

Some folks can't stand the author, and I wouldn't want to a drink beer with him either, but the guy is a pro.

jpattersonnh 08-29-2011 11:26 PM

Been at this for years. Never heard that one before.

canebrake 08-29-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh (Post 571721)
Been at this for years. Never heard that one before.

Me too jpat, must be a young whippersnapper sayin'! ;)

c3shooter 08-29-2011 11:52 PM

Cruffler is the informal term for the holder of an 03 C&R FFL. A Collector of Curio and Relic Firearms.

It is also Barney Frank's pronunciation of the type of doughnut known as a cruller, but we won't go there...........

tellmaster207 08-30-2011 03:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter
Cruffler is the informal term for the holder of an 03 C&R FFL. A Collector of Curio and Relic Firearms.

It is also Barney Frank's pronunciation of the type of doughnut known as a cruller, but we won't go there...........

Wrong, Barney frank would pronounce it cufflaa. Lol
Anyway I just got my power back on from Irene. Hopefully the tread hasn't died already. It just seems weird that 95% of all firearms can be found & researched, but if you have a holster that is not military or police that it's next to impossible to find out anything about them. Did people make allot of there own holsters? I have one that I'm going to post a pic of, it came with a FN M1922. But the fit is Doesn't seem right. It has been in there for along time because the muzzle has worn a nice grove on the bottom.

Tackleberry1 08-30-2011 03:14 PM

There are many good holster makers out there and you can buy anything online. There are very few stores in my area that stock holsters in any variety, mainly because few manufacturers protect dealer pricing and sell directly to the public so a store taking up square footage with holsters winds up helping John Q public pick out what he want's so he can go buy it online cheaper.

If your new to CCW, you came to the right place. Give us a description of your sidearm and usual attire and you'll get some great suggestion from guys who've been doing this for decades.

TACK

tellmaster207 08-30-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire
A book I found helpful is The Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry by Massad Ayoob. He devotes a good bit of paper to holsters, and has a lot of other important information about carrying.

Some folks can't stand the author, and I wouldn't want to a drink beer with him either, but the guy is a pro.

Thanks for the info, I'll pick that up. Does it only cover concealed carry though?

Also Bro Code #34 never trust a man that you wouldn't want to drink a beer with.

Amendment #1 to #34 : said friend is on the wagon.

Amendment #2 to #34: why drink beer if said friend was a bottle of whiskey. :^{)

q=http://www.collectorfirearms.org/website%2520Images/Browning-FN%2520Items/Browning-FN%2520Items%2520descriptions.htm&sa=U&ei=JAZcTpLQ JY6SgQehrOChDA&ved=0CDEQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNEVHI5rhX_cO sbPVGHSzxafWBnpHw