Bronco Pistol
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Bronco Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 02:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bronco Pistol

I recently came into possession of a bronco pistol. I have attached a picture for id. It is a model 1918 believe it is a .25 cal. The barrel and recoil spring are not on the pistol, and I can't figure out how to solve this issue. Anyone have any information on this weapon?

thanks

dscf0606.jpg   dscf0610.jpg   dscf0605.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

So far, all I can find is that it's Spanish and was produced as an inexpensive competitor to the Colt. Here's a link to one that was for sale on Gunbroker:
SPANISH BRONCO 1918-6.35MM-C&R OK : Curios and Relics at GunBroker.com

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2736 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 231

6.35mm is the same as .25 ACP. Even if you had all the parts, it probably would not be worth more than $100. Not much collector interest in Spanish copies of US/Belgian firearms.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 08-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It looks like the one on Gunbroker sold for $135. I don't know where you can find parts, possibly keep an eye on Gunbroker in the pistol parts section.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #5

If you need parts look at e-gunparts or Numrich. The Bronco was made from 1918 to 1925 by Echave Y Arizmendi, Eibar Spain. Do a search under "Ruby" pistols for some information.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:22 AM   #6

Default wasnt clear enough

my apologies, I was tired and not clear enough! I have all the parts but cant figure the field striping steps to get the barrel and spring back on the weapon!

Old 08-08-2009, 05:24 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Search engines are your friends. Google, Dogpile, etc. You should be able to find more info.

FWIW, it looks like the slidestop is already depressed, so push the slidestop out from right to left. First, you will probably have to push it up into the front slot in the slide to remove it. The slidestop is the lever on the left. The slide should slide forward and off the frame. It that works, it shouldn't take too much fiddling to insert the barrel and spring into the slide. Then slide the slide onto the frame as far back as the rear notch, then push the slide stop up. Maybe...

I suggest you find a video on assemby/disassembly of a 1911 on the web and view it a few times. It will make the gibberish I just posted make a whole bunch more sense. Hopefully it will at least put you on the right track. Good luck.

Last edited by CA357; 08-08-2009 at 05:38 AM.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #8

Default ok

thank ca357 about the slide stop. the slide stop does come out, although with more than a little persuasion.

For the rest of the procedure.
Once you get the slide stop out, insert an EMPTY magazine into the weapon, pull the trigger. This allows the slide to come a little more forward, but not off.

The extra room allows you to slide the spring in thru the front of the slide.

Then insert the slide stop, again with a lot of persuasion. Then, holding the slide back, insert the barrel 90 degrees off normal position, then turn back to seat it!

Thanks for all the good ideas and info on this weapon.

Duckie

Old 08-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

So does that mean you got it back together? If so, congrats, we'll be expecting a range report.

You may want to have a gunsmith take a look at it before firing to make sure it's okay to shoot. Enjoy that rascal, firearms are meant to be shot.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #10

Default bronco

I would not fire it.mainly because you might break it and then its done.they ewere very inexpensive guns I have had many and they were self defence guns to put in your pocket or purse or drawer.those days were not like now one bought a box of ammo and had it for yrs.