Bought my second Mosin Nagant
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Bought my second Mosin Nagant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Bought my second Mosin Nagant

Went into Big 5 Sports yesterday to checkout a Mossberg 500 and wound up purchasing a Tula hex receiver 91/30. That makes 2 91/30's for me now. Having bought the round receiver I knew eventually I would pick up a hex receiver model. Question is do I stop here with 91/30's?

I need to put the shotgun purchase on hold for a month or so since I just bought the Mosin and last week a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm.

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations .. James Madison

12E20 Special Weapons - ADM
- 12th Engr Bn - Dexheim, FRG 1973 - 1975
- 567th Engr Co. - Hanau, FRG 1975

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #2

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

The real question is CAN you stop at just 2...

How about a pic of the hex?

I just can't get enough of the damn things...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 06-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

No, this is not the last Mosin you will buy. You my friend have just became a victim to a very serious disease. I'd make sure to have plenty of room in the gun safe, because I see many more Mosins in your future. Possible starting with an M44 next.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #4

Liked 719 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 765

Hmm.. One was enough for me...

Old 06-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Hmm.. One was enough for me...
I believe Arisakas can have the same effect.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalSenior View Post
Went into Big 5 Sports yesterday to checkout a Mossberg 500 and wound up purchasing a Tula hex receiver 91/30. That makes 2 91/30's for me now. Having bought the round receiver I knew eventually I would pick up a hex receiver model. Question is do I stop here with 91/30's?

I need to put the shotgun purchase on hold for a month or so since I just bought the Mosin and last week a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm.
You see the problem around here is not enough intervention...just a bunch of Mosinitis enablers... As your symptoms progress your every waking moment will be occupied by thoughts of the hex versus round receivers; high wall versus beveled; Tula versus Izhevsk, pre-war or post-war; 91/30, M-38 or M-44. Soon, Russian rifles will no longer quell the beast within...you'll need a Finnish model or maybe a 95/30. Your mailman will begin hating you as the weekly arrival of 60lbs of mil-surp ammo start to take it's toll on his back, and what to do with all those commie green cans? You will also find yourself frequently thinking..."I'll bet that stuff will be good to clean the cosmoline off of my new rifle."

If you feel you have a problem...you can find help and support at the link below...

http://7.62x54r.net/

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

vincent Likes This 
Old 06-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #7

Liked 2452 Times on 1397 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Time to find yourself a clean M44, oh yeah.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #8

Liked 719 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I believe Arisakas can have the same effect.
Touche....

Old 06-05-2012, 04:29 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My question is there any of the military surplus bolt actions that don't become an obsession. Styers, Mosins, Mausers, Swiss, the aforementioned Arisakas. This is why I applied for a curio license, it would cost too much in transfer fees. I got a feeling I'm going to end up broke wife less but with a very fine collection of ww2 era firearms.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 06-05-2012, 04:35 AM   #10

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:

I got a feeling I'm going to end up broke wife less but with a very fine
collection of ww2 era firearms.
In other words...happy.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington