Blessed Again!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Blessed Again!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 02:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 81 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Blessed Again!

This one goes into my 'cop gun' collection (a rather wide selection of double action revolvers of the 20th Century).

This one is a Smith & Wesson 1905 Hand Ejector, Third Model, Second Change in caliber .32-20; aka .32 Winchester Centerfire (not to be confused with .32 Winchester Special).

As far as I can tell from my references, it was made circa 1909 (oddly the birth year of my late Honored Father) and seems to be a worn original. Six and one half inch barrel, somewhat dark in the grooves, nickel plated and seems to be not re-plated (markings pretty crisp; screw heads - uh - 'used'). Has factory mother of Pearl grip panels with S&W logo medallions inset. The grips are not only unbroken, they are are unchipped!

The serial number is 49xxx, only five digits. If anyone has better date of manufacture, I would be appreciative.

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-23-2014, 04:12 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

The SN puts it in the range of the 32-20 Hand Ejector Model of 1905 2nd Change- which overlapped the 1st Change. SN range of 33501- 45200, spanning 1906-1909. Page 131, Standard Catalog of S&W.

BTW, that is a REAL nice revolver you have there. Always thought the 32-20 was a better round than the .38 Special. I worked with a gent that carried one for 30 years- when he retired, the VA legislature passed a bill recognizing his service, and awarding him his revolver and badge.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 07-10-2014, 03:02 AM   #3

Liked 81 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I believe it is a 'Second Change', as the extractor star has the two pin arrangement.

Thank you sir for that bit of information.

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/