B s a 303 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > B s a 303

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1342 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

O Well !.....................

When all else fails.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #12

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I recall getting a not so warm welcome from a 30-40 Krag site. My question was fairly simple and probably could have been answered on any forum. Nevertheless, keeping a thick skin and getting your question answered should be your bottom line. Discretion is the better part of valor.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

Old 08-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1342 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

alabama; If you can`t take some ribbing, you probably don`t want to be here anyway...............

When all else fails.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 635 Times on 351 Posts
Likes Given: 2653

I once owned a
1953, B S A, B-34

Last edited by shadecorp; 08-05-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:13 AM   #15

Liked 30 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I too once owned a BSA 1965 spitfire. Ran fast as long as you could keep it together. I think the rifles are more reliable than the motorcycles.

"It's Tommy this, and Tommy that, and 'chuck 'im out, the brute,' But it's 'Savior of his Country,' When the guns begin to shoot." Rudyard Kipling

shadecorp Likes This 
Old 08-06-2013, 03:19 AM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 635 Times on 351 Posts
Likes Given: 2653

Great,
Not too many people today know about the other BSA
Sadly
the quality went to hell in later years.
Sure would like to have that bike today.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 AM   #17

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by xring3 View Post
I too once owned a BSA 1965 spitfire. Ran fast as long as you could keep it together. I think the rifles are more reliable than the motorcycles.
Very simple bikes. I did rebuild them along w/ Triumphs and Nortons at on time.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

cottontop Likes This 
Old 08-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #18

Nothing wrong w/ a little chain pulling and sarcasm and I do it a lot. However, we should not jump all over a guy on his first few posts. Very few people on this forum agree with my line of thinking and that's ok. I have had things said to me that would have had guys banned on other forums. But, I just throw it right back. I am a grouchy old liberal curmugeon who doesn't give a damn what people think of me. I have been here for several years and I am still here, and in for the long haul. I have been thinking about making a list of all of the things I believe in and posting it, but too many guys here couldn't handle it and sparks might really start to fly.

Anyway, I don't know much about British .303's but they are neat rifles and I have thought seriously about getting one someday. The problem is I can barely keep up with the different calibers I have already.
ct

hairbear1 Likes This 
Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #19

Liked 418 Times on 227 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
Nothing wrong w/ a little chain pulling and sarcasm and I do it a lot. However, we should not jump all over a guy on his first few posts. Very few people on this forum agree with my line of thinking and that's ok. I have had things said to me that would have had guys banned on other forums. But, I just throw it right back. I am a grouchy old liberal curmugeon who doesn't give a damn what people think of me. I have been here for several years and I am still here, and in for the long haul. I have been thinking about making a list of all of the things I believe in and posting it, but too many guys here couldn't handle it and sparks might really start to fly.

Anyway, I don't know much about British .303's but they are neat rifles and I have thought seriously about getting one someday. The problem is I can barely keep up with the different calibers I have already.
ct
Just do it buy a SMLE and embrace the smell of ambience, cosmolene and old oil and take it shooting.
There are some blokes here in Australia that use them on deer and pigs and they do that job very well and with a 10 shot mag you can carve up a mob of pigs or kill that nasty paper target out to 600yds if your good enough with open sights.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence