B s a 303
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > B s a 303

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Default B s a 303

I have a question about a old BSA 303 and a sealed ham can of ammo maybe somebody can help with. ON THE STOCK IT HAS THE NUMBER 1687. THEN STAMPED IN THE METAL ABOVE THE TRIGER IT HAS A SMALL CROWN AND G R, BSA.02, 1918, SHT LE, TTT (AND A STAR LOOKING PICTURE). THE AMMO CAN HAS A STICKER ON IT SAYING 05-76-11 320RD .303 BRITISH 174GR FMJ PRINTED ON CAN IS HARD TO READ IT ALL BUT SAYS 7.62 24 WITH A LINE UNDER IT AND 53 UNDER IT.

__________________
alabama is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,436
Liked 21202 Times on 12040 Posts
Likes Given: 52916

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama View Post
I have a question about a old BSA 303 and a sealed ham can of ammo maybe somebody can help with. ON THE STOCK IT HAS THE NUMBER 1687. THEN STAMPED IN THE METAL ABOVE THE TRIGER IT HAS A SMALL CROWN AND G R, BSA.02, 1918, SHT LE, TTT (AND A STAR LOOKING PICTURE). THE AMMO CAN HAS A STICKER ON IT SAYING 05-76-11 320RD .303 BRITISH 174GR FMJ PRINTED ON CAN IS HARD TO READ IT ALL BUT SAYS 7.62 24 WITH A LINE UNDER IT AND 53 UNDER IT.
pictures are very helpful for us to help you identify your firearm and ammo.

BTW, welcome to the forum and stop over in the Introductions Section and say hello!
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #3
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,544
Liked 8688 Times on 3761 Posts
Likes Given: 1335

Default

Welcome! First please turn off your cap locks.

THAT IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING

And make it hard to read.

Yes, good pics help a lot! Well lighted, plenty pixels in focus. Also- uh- what is your question? Have not asked one yet.

In the meantime, your rifle is the classic SMLE Mk III. Later known as Rifle #1, Mark III. Markings? Made by Birmingham Small Arms (BSA). All military arms in Britain were the property of the monarch (GR is George Rex, or King George) and it was made in 1918 (you have a WW 1 veteran) Ammo is correct for that rifle.

Here is a TON of reading for you. http://www.surplusrifle.com/smle/index.asp

One of the best battle rifles ever built.

__________________

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:09 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hoovco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over the place
Posts: 665
Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

image-1663017639.jpg

Ha ... I don't have anything constructive to add to your conversation, but this is funny. Sorry.
__________________
"Inspirational Quote" - Someone Inspirational
hoovco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Default Bsa 303

Thanks for nothing. If caps is all yall know anything about looks like i come to the wrong place to ask questions. Strange thing is i dont hear any shouting when i see capitol letters. Lot easier for me to read to. That said i bid you all a good day. I wont be back in this site again.

__________________
alabama is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 431
Liked 220 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

Alabama, you didn't ask a question. You just spat out some specs with no photos to help us out. C3shooter gave you plenty of helpful information. Sounds like you got your monies worth.

__________________
GTX63 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hoovco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over the place
Posts: 665
Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabama
Thanks for nothing. If caps is all yall know anything about looks like i come to the wrong place to ask questions. Strange thing is i dont hear any shouting when i see capitol letters. Lot easier for me to read to. That said i bid you all a good day. I wont be back in this site again.
If you're gonna get all butthurt easy, you're probably not gonna have a good time here anyways.
__________________
"Inspirational Quote" - Someone Inspirational
hoovco is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Default

I have some info on the 303 and ammo. I will look it up and post it. Dont pay no attentions to the people on here that cant read and need something to fuss about. Any info you get from them would be useless. C3shooter did have some useful info and the caps didnt bother him

__________________
HILLTOP is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IDVague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 199
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Way to welcome a new poster.

__________________
IDVague is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
Posts: 28,436
Liked 21202 Times on 12040 Posts
Likes Given: 52916

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLTOP View Post
I have some info on the 303 and ammo. I will look it up and post it. Dont pay no attentions to the people on here that cant read and need something to fuss about. Any info you get from them would be useless. C3shooter did have some useful info and the caps didnt bother him
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Welcome! First please turn off your cap locks.

THAT IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING

And make it hard to read.

Yes, good pics help a lot! Well lighted, plenty pixels in focus. Also- uh- what is your question? Have not asked one yet.

In the meantime, your rifle is the classic SMLE Mk III. Later known as Rifle #1, Mark III. Markings? Made by Birmingham Small Arms (BSA). All military arms in Britain were the property of the monarch (GR is George Rex, or King George) and it was made in 1918 (you have a WW 1 veteran) Ammo is correct for that rifle.

Here is a TON of reading for you. http://www.surplusrifle.com/smle/index.asp

One of the best battle rifles ever built.
Hmmmmmmm...........he did mention the CAPS!!!!! maybe you have a hard time reading.

and the guys were just yanking his chain a bit. if he got his feelings hurt over that, then he probably won't enjoy this site very much. having a thick skin and the ability to also laugh at yourself is required here on this forum.

BTW, welcome to the forum and stop over in the Introductions Section and say hello to everyone.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
To the victor, go the spoils of war.
Axxe55 is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads