Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Aim surplus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default Aim surplus

Has any one bought the $69.95 91/30s and how do they look? I'm thinking of ordering 3 and would like some opinions.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8308 Times on 3590 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Not from AIM, but got mine from Southern Ohio Gun. There is a boatload of the re-arsenaled 91/30s and M44s that the Soviet Union had run through a factory rebuild, and put away in their war stocks. Most are VERY good- did get one that muzzle had been counterbored to take out worn rifling at muzzle. Would respectfully observe that you cannot buy a rusty .22 rifle or a single shot 12 g for $69 any more. Get at least one, and stock up on milsurp ammo while it is still cheap. 20 years ago there was an ocean of milsurp M1 carbine and .303 Enfield ammo that was cheaper than dirt. It ain't there no more.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I've been considering one from classicarms.us, but their webpage is down this week.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #4

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I have 2 - 91/30's, 1 - M44 and 1 - M38 and all are damn good shooters and in good shape. They are ablast to shoot.

I echo what C3 said in that you can't get a crappy gun for that price. These are built to outlast you and future generations. The surplus ammo is cheap for now so grab some of that while you can. The surplus stuff is corrosive so you have to run really hot water down or windex the barrel after you shoot it to neutralize the salt from the primer. There will also be some cleaning of Cosmoline that you will have to do but well worth the time.

Pretty soon you will be talking about the days when you could get one of these rifles this cheap. Just sayin'.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #5

Likes Given: 1

I got one a couple of months ago from AIM. Didn't get hand-pick -- but it looked just as good as the one they have in the photo on the website.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #6

Likes Given: 1

Grabbed my Hexagonal receiver Mosin Nagant from Aim last year. Looked like it just came from the Tula Arms Plant when I got it.

"THE CONSTITUTION ONLY GIVES PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE HAPPINESS, YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF." ~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #7

I have 1 91/30 russian and 1 m44 polish. The are great guns. I agree, get one it wont let you down milsurp ammo is every where right now for cheap and other then it being corrosive its pretty good ammo. I say go for it brother.

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #8

I ordered last night on line. I think I got the last 3, Their SOLD OUT now. I have one now but have had 2 others, Still haven't got a good shooter. Hopefully I'll get one out of these three. I know most of you aren't gonna like this but I'm thinking of modernizing one of them for a winter project. Will probably have to make most of the components.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
Paul.

Last edited by dteed4094; 01-13-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
I ordered last night on line. I think I got the last 3, Their SOLD OUT now.
Be sure to clean the cosmoline out real good before shooting or a result in sticky bolt will occur. And please give us a range report and tell us how you like it. Good shooting

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:01 PM   #10

It may be awhile for the range report, win ter isn't my best season for getting to the range and Ill have 3 to test shoot and clean. I'll be cleaning in an unheated garage.
I went through all the first time Mosin thing three times already so they will be as clean as a whistle when I do get to shoot them. Thanks for the info anyway. Can't wait to get started. Probably next Tuesday before I can pick them up.

Paul.