Acquisition and Dispostion Log Book Help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Curio & Relic Discussion > Acquisition and Dispostion Log Book Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 03:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Acquisition and Dispostion Log Book Help

Finally got my C&R approved by the BATFE and ready to start using it but I have a question about the Log book. Do I have to purchase a 'Firearms Acquisition and Dispostion Log Book' or can I down load a form, print it and make my own? If I can make my own, does anybody have a link to where I can find the info.? Any help here would be a great help.

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2009, 04:28 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8705 Times on 3766 Posts
Likes Given: 1339

You can BUY a logbook (Brownell's) you can go to Welcome to Cruffler.com! (about halfway down the page, rt side) and make up our own, you MAY use computer software (batf is kinda specific about that) or do what I did- went to Dollar General, for $1.00 I bought a journal with BOUND (stitched in) pages.

Number the pages in an upper corner. Label one section ACQUISTIONS, the other DISPOSITIONS. Use a pen and a ruler, draw in the lines and columns for info needed. When I get a cc of a FFL with a purchase, after logging them in, I put the copy in an envelope taped inside the back cover. Make entries in ink.

Couple of points- if you already know, please excuse the lecture. When you get your license, DO NOT SIGN IT. Make a number of copies of the unsigned license. You will sign those as you use them. Original stays unsigned. Send copies to wholesalers you may want to do business with- Would suggest J&G Sales, Numrich (for parts) Midway, Aim, Southern Ohio Gun, etc. Most will give you a discount on NON-firearm stuff as well. Keep a copy in your wallet for those unforeseen opportunities.

DO maintain a separate inventory of all arms, both what you already have, modern guns you buy, and your 03 acquisitions. I keep mine on computer, along with photos, periodically burn a copy to CD, which stays at daughter's house. Odds against losing her house AND mine at same time very slim.

Congratulations and welcome- My O3 is the most fun I can have for $30 anymore!

Old 03-31-2009, 04:41 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the info. It was what I was looking for and as for the lecture. I already heard it and made 20 copies as soon as I got it, but someone else reading this may not know that and would be in a panic if they signed their original. I will be visiting my mom in Prescot after Easter, so I will hand deliver a copy to J&G, seeing there ads was the reason I applied for the C&R in the first place. Again thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #4

It's all in the current rule book you should have gotten with your 03. There is a page that shows the column headings you would need for a log book. If you know how to use Excel then you are pretty much done.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:16 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf View Post
It's all in the current rule book you should have gotten with your 03. There is a page that shows the column headings you would need for a log book. If you know how to use Excel then you are pretty much done.
Did not get a "rule book" only an envlope with the 03 in it and nothing else but the picture linked gave me the info. needed.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganwolf View Post
Did not get a "rule book" only an envlope with the 03 in it and nothing else but the picture linked gave me the info. needed.
Better call em up and ask for one. They have them on CD now to make it easier. They tend to frown on not having one. I went through an ATFE inspection a month ago and they made sure I had a copy on hand.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

They've been known to come in separate mailings. Mine did. I also just made up my own bound book with all the pertinent information. No need to pay someone for doing it when it's legal to make up your own.

9x18=Makarov

Old 05-17-2009, 12:53 AM   #8

You can print your own and have them bound at Kinkos.
The ones at Brownells are great and only $3.

I use the ones from brownells for my FFL business.

KGB
01FFL - $20 Transfers In Indianapolis Area.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsgunbunker View Post
You can print your own and have them bound at Kinkos.
The ones at Brownells are great and only $3.

I use the ones from brownells for my FFL business.
For an 03 an excel sheet you make yourself and a 3-ring binder is all that is needed. The ATF didn't have a problem with this when they inspected me a few months ago.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #10

Default Gun Log Book

Many shops get their books from BookFactory in Ohio. They are online at BookFactory.com - Laboratory Notebooks, Log Books, Engineering Notebooks, Custom Lab Notebooks. If you search for "gun log book" in google or yahoo you'll find them.