WASR 10/63 rear sling mount

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > WASR 10/63 rear sling mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Default WASR 10/63 rear sling mount

I have a WASR and I want to take the rear sling and move it up torwards the reciever and to the left side of the stock for a one point sling system. Is it safe will the stock take it and will it just break the stock?

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #2

anyone?............................

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 03-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #3

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Sorry someone doesn't pipe in and help you with your question. I have a WASR 10/63 but replaced the stock with an aluminum type. But I would imagine that you can move the sling thing to where you wish using proper length wood screws, the ones it came with and achieve the thing you desired.

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG

Old 03-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I agree. that if you move it it should hold as long as you have plenty of wood for the screw. If yours has the same rough wood mine does, you probably aren't worried about anything but function.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #5

thanks guys as long as it ain't pink and works I could care less, AK's arent made to be pretty. I was planning on "improving" my ak with after market parts but since the BS in the government I haven't able to get jack crap for parts or ammo really thanks guys I appreciate it.

BE PREPARED