Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Volquartsen Trigger Kit on 22/45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 765 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default Volquartsen Trigger Kit on 22/45

Rocks the world!

First time doing anything beyond surface and barrel cleaning. I had never even field stripped this firearm. Caused some minor repairable damage during dissassembly. Watched two different videos and had two different guides to lead me through the upgrade. Biggest problem, the reattachment of the barrel to the lower. Ruger requires you to hop on one foot and pray to the powder gods... or just follow their crazy instructions

Can't wait to shoot it, it is not the same firearm.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #2

I've been thinking of doing that to mine too. I take mine apart frequently though, so I am familiar with the breakdown. It gets much easier the more you do it. I can detail strip, clean, and reassemble mine in about the time it takes most people to field strip one their first time.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It was learning afterwords that pushing on the springs allows the pins to easy slide out that would have made the job mucho easier. DO IT, it's an amazing improvement! If it's a MkIII, get the MkII kit and hammer bushing. That eliminates the idiotic mag issue.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
It was learning afterwords that pushing on the springs allows the pins to easy slide out that would have made the job mucho easier. DO IT, it's an amazing improvement! If it's a MkIII, get the MkII kit and hammer bushing. That eliminates the idiotic mag issue.
I have heard that before. Good call

Old 02-25-2012, 03:22 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

shot it tonight... took the opportunity before the competition to realign my red dot. First shot out of the barrel was lucky to hit the target. I had my finger on the trigger beginning to squeeze as I was lining up. DOH, can't do that anymore, LOL. Newly replaced red dot is already giving me fits, so I pulled it for the competition. Got beat in the third round by a kid half my height... in my own defense I had an extremely disturbing call immediately before I shot. In the losers bracket, I went against the club champ. Not sure how he got there, but he was. We were all joking about how I should save the ammo, and not even shoot. Little did they realize that I had a bad round in the magazine, first round. It took me several cycles of the bolt to get my gun cleared out. Never did get a round fired!

I have it adjusted very tight, maybe a bit too much. Going to take some getting used to, but it sure is a sweet feel.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #6

Exciting. I want to do mine now!

Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeekhof View Post
Exciting. I want to do mine now!
just look at the springs... the pins are retained by spring legs. That is probably the biggest learning item.

if it's a Mk 3 or 22/45 remove the damn bolt detent too

Old 02-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #8

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Where did you get the trigger kit?

This thread makes me want to upgrade mine.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89 View Post
Where did you get the trigger kit?

This thread makes me want to upgrade mine.
Brunnell. their prices were pretty typical. Midway had one of the triggers on sale, and said it was back orderable. If you have the mkIII, get the mkII kit with the hammer bushing. That allows you to eliminate the mag release issue. Also pull out the bolt detent.