Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   DIY Projects (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/)
-   -   Toys (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/toys-7708/)

Angeleyes 10-15-2008 01:46 PM

Toys
 
Hey All,
I've had my M1a and M 14 since June of this year.
The M1a I bought from Springfield and it was the loaded version with extended cluster rail, NM stainless barrel, NM flash suppressor, NM trigger group and black synthetic stock. I changed out the stock to the JAE 100 1st generation but kept the upper part of the SA extended cluster rail http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/danwolk/M1aJAEe-1.jpg

I then sold the complete extended cluster rail added a USGI hand guard and went cammo paint nuts :)
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/danwolk/P1010013.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/danwolk/P1010019.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/danwolk/P1010017.jpg
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/danwolk/P1010018.jpg
This set up is HEAVY and I'm 57 so I made some more changes!

Gotta get up the hill and hang some siding up in Los Alamos so "I'll be back"

Mark F 10-15-2008 02:42 PM

VERY NICE in deed!!!

I love the camo matching the decor!

Angeleyes 10-18-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 45443)
VERY NICE in deed!!!

I love the camo matching the decor!

Thanks Mark,
Here are a couple shots of my LRB M 14.
I puchased it from a fella in Hawaii on another forum who was very sorry to give it up but he needed the bread!

Armscorp TFL built M14NM. This is a low ser# TFL reciever marked Armscorp Baltimore MD.
This Rifle is fitted with a 18.5" Standard profile LRB barrel. The chamber and bore are chrome lined.
Vortex flash suppressor mounted on a SEI GLFSDV.
TRW Bolt.
TRW operating rod.
SA-USGI 4.5 lb NM trigger.
Excellent "Big Red" stock done by Matt Regalia with a Sparrowhawk button installed.
Gas cylinder by Hueygunner (unitized) USGI
essentially ALL USGI.
I have fired ca 800 rounds. The rifle functions flawlessly.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/danwolk/P1010031.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/danwolk/P10110033A.jpg

Angeleyes 10-18-2008 08:06 PM

I pulled the M1a out of the JAE stock and put her in a USGI fiberglass stock which I painted with the same cammo pattern.

This is the clothes she will wear til they carry me out on a shutter :)

The pic is actually my avatar.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/danwolk/M1ainUSGI.jpg

zroluk 04-22-2009 02:03 AM

Question
 
The paint scheme on your M1A looks terrific.

I've got a question about your first set up; the JAE gen 2 stock with the top half of the extended rail cluster. How well did the rail seat on top of the stock? Was there any gap or problems with fitting? The folks at Springfield are telling me having one installed will be a problem due to "not enough clearance with the op rod guide."

What do you think?

dnthmn2004 04-22-2009 02:22 AM

Thats a pretty nice setup. I may go for one of those before an AR.

dog2000tj 04-22-2009 03:17 AM

Those are some nice toys. Love the camo scheme :)

matt g 04-22-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 (Post 97729)
Thats a pretty nice setup. I may go for one of those before an AR.

The M14 is a much better platform.

canebrake 04-22-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angeleyes (Post 45437)
Hey All,
I've had my M1a and M 14 since June of this year.
The M1a I bought from Springfield and it was the loaded version with extended cluster rail, NM stainless barrel, NM flash suppressor, NM trigger group and black synthetic stock. I changed out the stock to the JAE 100 1st generation but kept the upper part of the SA extended cluster rail

I then sold the complete extended cluster rail added a USGI hand guard and went cammo paint nuts :)
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...k/P1010013.jpg

I am not a big camo finish lover!

With that said, that is one outstanding package! When it's well done, it get's my respect!

Kudos! http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...411/cowboy.gif

matt g 04-22-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 97901)
I am not a big camo finish lover!

With that said, that is one outstanding package! When it's well done, it get's my respect!

Kudos! http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...411/cowboy.gif

I'm not a fan of the JAE furniture.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.