Tactical SHTF Weapon - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gunsmithing & Do-It-Yourself Projects > DIY Projects > Tactical SHTF Weapon

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northeast San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,670
Liked 779 Times on 519 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Good point on the small game I have a breakdown 10/22 in my bug out bag just for rabbits and squirrels

__________________

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

seancslaughter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TexasGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 1,350
Liked 1069 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter
Good point on the small game I have a breakdown 10/22 in my bug out bag just for rabbits and squirrels
I like that. Another good argument for .22 is the fact that it is much much easier to tote extra ammo for it. I like the takedowns especially this one......

image-1838453526.jpgimage-1043068730.jpg
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
TexasGunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:15 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 481
Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Default

Thats a great gun for a bug out bag. That and 500 rounds wouldn't be that heavy at all.

__________________
Crazycastor is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TexasGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 1,350
Liked 1069 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor
Thats a great gun for a bug out bag. That and 500 rounds wouldn't be that heavy at all.
Almost wish the one I'm building was a takedown. Oh well....

image-2771372174.jpg
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
TexasGunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:49 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 481
Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Default

Looks good Tex. Keep us posted on your build.

__________________
Crazycastor is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 1,206
Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrangTuan View Post
Hey Folks,

My current project that i'm working on is kinda cool/stupid to some people, but let me know what you think.


Primary Weapon:
Weapon: Remington 700 SPS .308.
Attachment: MDT TAC-21 Black Chassic.
Foldable Bipod, Foldable Grip, UTG Flashlight and Laser(Green)
Rear Flip up Magpul Sight and Front Magpul Flip up Sight
Rex 3x9x40 Scope
Regular M4 Buttstock(For now).

Why is this setup? I think this setup by far on my opinion is the best for me.

When in a SHTF Senario, if you're enemy is far away, you can use the rifle as long range rifle with the scope on to take down the enemy.

When in a close range Senario, Take off the scope and use the front/rear flip up sight for close combat.

The caliber itself are good for taking down target, Yes... it gonna be alot of recoil and slow, but you can always switch out your secondary weapon.. Handgun.

Let me know what you think.
Are you related to Gecko 45?
__________________
nchunt101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 1,206
Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Default

Also why would you put a piece of glass on your rifle that cost less that the Magpul sights. I cant really see an M4 stock lending itself to long range accuracy either. Go get a 22 and learn to shoot.

__________________
nchunt101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northeast San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,670
Liked 779 Times on 519 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Trang tuan you are like all over the map on these forums on one you claim you bought a ba110 in 338 lm then you reneg on that and say your getting something else then on this posting you put up some absolutely ridiculous frankenrifle idea that makes no sense at all. Are you a troll or like a 14 y/o who plays to much black ops 2? I mean your photo shows your in the military which I highly doubt because of your seeming lack of knowledge on some firearms. I mean seriously a model 700 with flip up sights and an ar type stock? Really if you were military you'd be like I'm getting an ar15 because I already know the platform and its capabilities. I can see a former sniper or sdm getting a model 700 as a marksman weapon but even they would have a patrol carbine.

__________________

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

seancslaughter is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,435
Liked 8713 Times on 5037 Posts
Likes Given: 11324

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrangTuan View Post
Well for a SHTF Senario, I don't think a 10/22 is effective, even if i start out shooting i always start out with big caliber. Since im a millitary person, i don't like .22 caliber to be honest with you.
I know what you mean seancslaughter. Awhile ago I asked what he thought about the 5.56 caliber in response to this post but got no response from him.

WTF TrangTuan?
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TexasGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 1,350
Liked 1069 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I know what you mean seancslaughter. Awhile ago I asked what he thought about the 5.56 caliber in response to this post but got no response from him.

WTF TrangTuan?
I've also been pretty skeptical, but kept my mouth shut because I didn't want to sound like a complete a$$hole. The complete lack of proper grammar was the first clue to me.....
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
TexasGunner is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Humble SHTF collection for the non tactical crowd thetoad45 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 25 12-30-2010 09:41 PM
Tactical rifle weapon Build Ripper General Rifle Discussion 2 08-29-2010 07:48 AM
Midway Tactical Sniper Drag Bag & Tactical Pistol Case billt Firearm Accessories & Gear 4 08-06-2010 04:53 AM
SCT / Tactical Edged Weapon Course StoneCobra Training & Safety 3 05-18-2010 09:25 AM